Service time..

S£

Reaction score
I got a quote from Audi to service the S3 yesterday, £225 + Vat for a 60k'er minus the cam belt and £55 + vat for the Haldex oil & filter, Does this sound reasonable to anyone? I thought it would have been a lot more than that as it's the major one.

I was looking around at websites to compare and to me it seems ok, i was going to take it to Jabba or AMD but both are around the same price and an hours drive from me.

Also does anyone know how much the R32 ARB's are, i know i need a new rear one so i think i might upgrade!

And one more thing, is it worth get some spark plugs like these , or are the ones the dealers use just as good?

good price for the Haldex oil and filter I think the parts are about £35. As for the service You can get oil, filter, air filter, pollen filter and a set of plugs for about £100 from GSF.

think the ARB`s are £100 ish but there was a time VW wouldn`t sell them to someone without a R32 chassis number as they were in short supply but worth doing imo. Rear is a easy swap but if you only do the rear then the rear end can feel light and floaty at high speeds.

NGK platinum are the plugs I fitted someone posted the number on here the other day

good price for the Haldex oil and filter I think the parts are about £35. As for the service You can get oil, filter, air filter, pollen filter and a set of plugs for about £100 from GSF.

think the ARB`s are £100 ish but there was a time VW wouldn`t sell them to someone without a R32 chassis number as they were in short supply but worth doing imo. Rear is a easy swap but if you only do the rear then the rear end can feel light and floaty at high speeds.

NGK platinum are the plugs I fitted someone posted the number on here the other day

Yeah i just read that thread about the ARB's, could prove to be a problem if VW are still posing a restriction on them. Might look into getting some neuspeed ones or something as an alternative .

S£;663927 said:
Yeah i just read that thread about the ARB's, could prove to be a problem if VW are still posing a restriction on them. Might look into getting some neuspeed ones or something as an alternative .

You must know someone who has a R32 fella ;)

the stealers should be able to get you the ARB's,apply some pressure if they are doing service and say its a deal breaker if they can get the part for you.
have to say I had no problems getting mine.
Part numbers:
R32 Front ARB
1J0 411 305 AF - 23mm Arb

R32 Rear ARB
1J0 511 409K - 19mm ARB

Vorhees...

Looks like you've had your S3 fitted with both ARB's then?

If so.....

How much of a "real world" difference is it making to your car? I mean i know it must feel better but what i want is an honest answer, most people tend to say oh my god the difference is unreal etc etc....

Can ARB's really make that much difference to a cars handling? I'm thinking about mine because i find the handling fairly crap, lots of understeer sometimes and generally it doesn't feel that i can put a whole lot of trust in the car when performing some spirited driving. On private roads of course!

How much did the total bill come to and are they easy to fit? The fronts require sub frame off?

Thanks in advance and sorry if i seem sceptical just want "the truth"! :p

G

the stealers should be able to get you the ARB's,apply some pressure if they are doing service and say its a deal breaker if they can get the part for you.
have to say I had no problems getting mine.
Part numbers:
R32 Front ARB
1J0 411 305 AF - 23mm Arb

R32 Rear ARB
1J0 511 409K - 19mm ARB

Cheers voorhees, You mean Audi will be able to get me the R32 ARB's?? if i do get it serviced with them i wont be letting them do the ARB's anyway it would cost a fortune what they charge per hour

The R32 ARB`s dont eliminate understear but do stop the back end feeling like its going to tip over. they make the ride a lot less rolly polly