Servicing Your A3

newbieboyy

Reaction score
So this is my first year of A3 ownership and I'm not sure what to do about my servicing.

The oil service says it needs doing in 80 days or 3000 miles, whereas the main service says it needs doing in 180days and 6000 miles.

Given i only do 6/7000 a year im not sure when to get it serviced, i dont really want to fork out for an oil change and then another service a couple of months later as that seems pointless.

I gave it an oil change (DIY) a few weeks ago, I just dont want it being held against me by Audi etc when i put it in for service if t says its hugely overdue?

Depending how you drive it's good to do frequent oil changes. If you did an oil change recently then reset the oil change indicator. Otherwise wait for service then ask them to reset the service indicator.

Hi mate - how did you get on with this? I'm in exactly the same predicament. I've had mine 8 months from new, done 4500 miles (only average 7k/year) and its saying I need an oil change. I'm tempted to go elsewhere for an oil change and pay £90 (instead of Audi's £160) given my service will be due in 4 months. Thoughts?