SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering peoples thoughts on Eurocarparts?

Since owning the wife’s Audi A3 always bought genuine service parts and serviced my self (have a vat registered company with a workshop) so not an every day car mechanic but deal with trucks etc.

I’ve used Eurocarparts before and got on fine, they have a great deal atm so will work out around £58 before VAT for 3 filters and oil.
if using Eurocarparts always use MANN filters which make them for VW Audi (and most brands) and Castrol Oil recommended by VW Audi also.
Service kit from Audi around £150, so a good Difference worth considering?

Thing is I’ve heard rumours that eurocarparts use out of date products, misprints etc?

any thoughts or truths about using them would be great?

If you have a VAT registered company why not get a trade account with TPS, www.tps.trade prices on service parts are much cheaper than going to an Audi dealer.

Reactions: Neil C and KenL
Ah I’ll try them,

still unsure about euro car parts though?!

Never had an issue with ECP, I buy there known brand items and cross ref them o the OE website. Always been fine. I use oil from TPS as i get a discount there. If there car is still under warranty then i use TPS. Lot of the OEM stuff is either Mann, Mahle, etc with the audi/vw logo on it.
Only issue i have heard well should say was told by another competitor was an issue ECP had with the LUK clutch kits they were selling as they were LUK rejects. How much truth is in this i do not know as ive fitted clutch's sourced from TPS only and dont have that worry.

Decided to try TPS for a change, although they only supply quantum oil which they told me is what VW Audi use, yet my oil filler cap says VW recommends Castrol which is what I’ve been using. I’m sure both meet requirements but I have chopping and changing oil. Surely VW needs to stick with one or the other!

Decided to try TPS for a change, although they only supply quantum oil which they told me is what VW Audi use, yet my oil filler cap says VW recommends Castrol which is what I’ve been using. I’m sure both meet requirements but I have chopping and changing oil. Surely VW needs to stick with one or the other!

I used Quantum 507 spec in the Audi and Skoda. It was fine. That's what the Skoda dealers use. Now I am using Fuchs 507 spec. It's also fine and 20 litre drums work out very reasonably priced. I change the oil and filter (genuine filters in the Audi) every 5000 miles.

Decided to stick with main dealers. He can match TPS price, and that’s using Castrol Edge, which he stocks as well as quantum, Norwich Audi recommends Castrol over Quantem. Both meet the spec obvs but Castrol seems to stay oilier for longer if that makes sense. I do agree with him, I’ve used many oils in many motors, and on draining the sump, Castrol doesn’t seem to go watery like cheaper oils.

So yes main dealers win again for me! I’ve got on well with Norwich Audi, must say they offer a better service than Norwich VW from my golf days!

@Fatbloke your service schedule is up my street, my golf from years ago, got full service every 5000k as I was bombing up to Huddersfield every Weekend from Norwich to see the mrs at uni, and having a HGV company use the diesel we have in our own yard decided on doing the service a lot more Regular as that diesel isn’t as good as forecourt. And now my discovery 4 gets full service every 6000, purely because they are expensive if things go wrong, and have a crankshaft that doesn’t like old oil and isn’t replaceable so new engine lol. The wife’s Audi does only get a once a year service as she doesn’t venture to far at the mo, with her being on maternity! I do use BP and sometimes BP+ Fuel in hers tho, helps having a fuel card, get it that little bit cheaper :)