Shaking and Rumbling at 50mph and over?

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi fellas, hope everyone is well. Been a while since I posted....

2011 Audi A3 1.6 Tdi S line 5 door 5 speed Manual

under 50mph absolutely fine
50mph and beyond, rumbling all through the car. The steering wheel doesn't move from side to side, just shakes, and you can just feel it on the floor heavily etc.

It's NOT the tyres as had them changed with balancing done. No buckles either as had this checked. No oval shaped wheel bolt holes.

I'm suspecting a dodgey steering rack, flywheel, mounts, possibly cv joints...

Anyone got any experience with this? Not got time to get it to the garage yet, but will be going next week at some point

Thanks

Does the shake get worst or better with engine load?

Hi fellas, hope everyone is well. Been a while since I posted....

2011 Audi A3 1.6 Tdi S line 5 door 5 speed Manual

under 50mph absolutely fine
50mph and beyond, rumbling all through the car. The steering wheel doesn't move from side to side, just shakes, and you can just feel it on the floor heavily etc.

It's NOT the tyres as had them changed with balancing done. No buckles either as had this checked. No oval shaped wheel bolt holes.

I'm suspecting a dodgey steering rack, flywheel, mounts, possibly cv joints...

Anyone got any experience with this? Not got time to get it to the garage yet, but will be going next week at some point

Thanks

I'd put money on your front wheels are buckled (from pot holes). Swap rear to the front a test them.
I had similar issue and this resolved it In the short term, I then replaced the wheels.