Shark Stage 2 Self Tuning System Review

hardcore Hallam

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share my opinion of the Shark Stage 2 STS system with you. I was looking for a tuning company that offered a hand held unit, from which you can switch between your car's actual original map and a performance map.
I had a Blufin on my last 8P S3 and I was totally unimpressed with it, so that was out the window. All I can say is WOW, pulls like an absolute train now. Was just as easy as Blufin to use and offers the same immobiliser and diagnostic facility, but the results are so much better. I haven't had it rolling roaded yet, but Shark claim 330BHP and it feels at least that. I also had a Revo Stage 2+ on my last car and this doesn't feel far off that. I was looking for a strong map that didn't require changing the fuel pump, induction kit Etc and this has ticked all the boxes. The Stage 2 does require a full Milltek exhaust and costs £600 for the unit, but it's well worth it IMO.
Along with Evolve, Shark definitely offer some stiff competition to Revo, well worth considering guys.

That sounds great, Buddy! Glad to hear youre happy with your Shark remap. I've just emailed them as it says on their site that they offer remaps for the S3 8P up to 2009, but mine although it's a 59 plate, it is the MY10 model, so just making sure they can sort me out with a remap too. I've got a Blueflame full system, but no CAI as yet and would like to keep the car as standard as possible, but with improved performance from it. Liking the sound of this VERY much!! Was considering Bluefin, but think I may have been swayed in Shark's direction now :)

Paulie

the only problem with not having a CAI is its massively going to reduce air flow which will strangle the performance of the car especially when its running the levels of boost required, the turbo wont be happy working like this, the mid range will massively suffer. at this level you really should be looking at a CAI!

Hi Paulie, mine is a MY10 too, so there's no problem there, they just haven't updated their website yet. I hear what you're saying Jungleman, I just really want to keep it as standard as possible. N8, shame I didn't know that before, I would have given you a shout, I did the deal with Ben, top guy.

hmmm, need to get mine on an RR to find whats its doing, then it'll either be shark or evolve, tbf i had talked myself into evolve if the RR figs are utter crap, but after hearing this and the fact you can use the handheld tool (previous bluefin owner), thats quite possibly swayed me

Hi Paulie, mine is a MY10 too, so there's no problem there, they just haven't updated their website yet. I hear what you're saying Jungleman, I just really want to keep it as standard as possible. N8, shame I didn't know that before, I would have given you a shout, I did the deal with Ben, top guy.

No worries, Ben is a lovely man.

Excellent news, HH. Many thanks for that! :)

Paulie