Shell v power nitro?

quattro81

All the gear.. No idea
Reaction score
Just got an email through from shell, touting their new "vpower nitro plus" fuel which apparently will be in forecourts soon.. I've only ever used vpower since owning the RS and so was quite interested, particularly in the octane rating, which after some googling I can't seem to find any info on? Has anyone else got any more info?

What is Shell V-Power Nitro+? - United Kingdom

Apologies if this has been covered already

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/general-automotive-chat/186556-shell-vpower-nitro.html

Its available now and has replaced V-power. Slight re-branding with 25% more 'frictional modifiers' that decrease wear in 'critical areas' and decreases frictional losses. Tells you about it on their website, there is also anti-corrosion components that prevent against rusting of the fuel injection system etc...

Its 99RON rather than the 98. Presumably to match Tesco Momentum99 in response to their double club card points offer that started this week also, and their Jason Plato fuel promotions Tesco Momentum99 - YouTube

I put 15 quid in before, but its been diluted by V-power thats already in there so can't expect to see any difference. I expect it will give a couple more horse power here and there

Thanks Ben.. Been to a couple of local garages (south east Kent) and haven't seen it yet, although I guess they might not have re-labelled the pumps yet? Out of curiosity where did you find the octane rating?

V-Power was already 99RON? It started out as 98RON when it was rebranded and then in 2011 went to 99RON. IIRC the only changes has been the new chemicls in it.

Thanks Ben.. Been to a couple of local garages (south east Kent) and haven't seen it yet, although I guess they might not have re-labelled the pumps yet? Out of curiosity where did you find the octane rating?

I found the Octane rating on a leaflet that they had

I filled up with the new vpower nitro+ yesterday. So far I have noticed the car feels a little quieter when cruising, which may be a placebo effect, but then noticed I had done almost 36mpg on a short motorway trip, and 31mpg around town - never been able to achieve those figures even in my previous car!

I've heard there is a Nitro racing + version in the pipeline which is 102ron. I've also heard it is only for the racing market and not the public roads. Not sure about that though.