Shell VPower Nitro+

Interesting...what are the reasons why it would do this?

EGT's rise with lower octane ratings and the ecu richens up the charge to lower them back down again, which ******* the timing further and restricts boost.

Whether I had a bit of contamination in my tank, or these Nitro+ additives don't agree with my highly strung map I don't know. Time will tell.

It hasn't ever done it even after repeated WOT pulls through all gears; I have taken it at WOT from 50mph to 155 in one go previously and it didn't back off once. And nor did it in the rolling road.

Reactions: JudderMan
I agree chez absolutely no chance especially with all that buzz buzz buzzing going on in his head

Reactions: CHEZ
been buying me a speed camera, and i bet my left testicle on what i said above! :laugh:

I'll bet you the log book on your dog walker-mobile :)

155 is easy, a stage 1 A3 will get there given a long enough road mine does an indicated 160 with the higher limiter.

It used to get to a point where you needed to take your foot off and on to push it up there. Not it just flys.

155 is easy, a stage 1 A3 will get there given a long enough road mine does an indicated 160 with the higher limiter.

It used to get to a point where you needed to take your foot off and on to push it up there. Not it just flys.

ah! a famous northern saying applies here!
"YOU CANNOT SHOW A BIGGER **** THAN THE ONE YOU HAVE GOT!" :sly:

Reactions: Brodster

Dont worry Jardo, I believe you.

Dont need a k04 to hit them speeds

Filled up with this awesome stuff in Sunderland on the A183 £1.40 p/ltr is the anyway to reset the knock sensor learned values to save me doing 100+miles before it works out ive uped the octane? Also I don't think its inpossbile for a k03 to hit 155 just need a huge runway and 245+bhp my brother did it on his mk4 golf 18t no mods just a good map but I think his is a k03s. Regards

Last edited:
I've sure I've noticed a difference in it. Pulls harder mid-range after a few tankfulls. Put some Esso 97 in on Monday as I couldn't quite reach the Shell garage and it's a bit flat compared and doing less mpg 33mpg compared to 38mpg when pootling around the same roads.

Kodak, it's cheaper at Whitemare Pool (£1.37.9) only a few pence but every little helps. Can't answer your question about the knock sensor, though.

I've put a few tanks of Nitro in the S8 now.... and I do have to admit it does feel a bit smoother....

Obviously it still does 297mph... ;)

:thumb:

got to admit by the 2nd fill up it was pulling like a train much smoother even in low revs to be its total transformed the car throttle response is better, so from me its a hell yeah, i want the to try the 102 ron racing fuel will pay £2 per ltr + p+p :)

gonna have a coffee before i hit the roads to do some data logging got to wait till after 1am really cos you hit xxx mph in 4th my last run said 262bhp but ive fixed the two leaks i found and it now shows -24 on the vac so hopefully thats it and on the boost it was showing 13psi ive reseated the charge pipe hose so hopefully it will be back to 21psi anyway here's hoping ...

Last edited:
Reactions: JudderMan