Shock Absorber Change Audi S3 8V

K626855

Reaction score
My mag ride absorbers need changing. Sourced a second hand set of eBay. My only worry is that mine is 2015 and the set I bought is off a 2017. Part numbers are same except the last letter, will I have any issues when having them put on?

They changed the part number for the 2015 cars
8v0413029k - 8v0413029p, no reasoning behind the part number change. They will need to be coded to the car. Just had mine done with genuine items. Just under £1500.

They changed the part number for the 2015 cars
8v0413029k - 8v0413029p, no reasoning behind the part number change. They will need to be coded to the car. Just had mine done with genuine items. Just under £1500.
Thanks for the reply, will Vcds do the trick?

I'm not sure what my indi used to code them. As I've got Eibach springs on to. The ride height had to be factored in.

I'm not sure if the shocks will need coding tbh as all the coding will be in the suspension module not the shocks.
If you are adjusting the ride height due to lowering then it is advised to have the ride height adapted to suit. This cant be done with vcds, dealer level equipment only

Reactions: Leevr
If you are just changing out the dampers then you won’t need any coding works, only if changing out the mag ride control module. If the same springs are going back on then you should not need a recalibration but it’s always good practice to have an alignment and calibration following any suspension related works.

I'm not sure if the shocks will need coding tbh as all the coding will be in the suspension module not the shocks.
If you are adjusting the ride height due to lowering then it is advised to have the ride height adapted to suit. This cant be done with vcds, dealer level equipment only
I just had them changed, no lights on the dash and had it scanned with VCDS with no error codes.

Reactions: -Ju-