Shopping list help........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening gents.

I need some advice on buying various car parts and tools, cars due a service and seeming as ive been doing a few of my mates cars last year ive decided to staring servicing mine (plus ive fallen out with my mechanic mate haha).

So Whats you thoughts on the following:

1. Need a oil filter tool, what do you recommend, been looking at these:
Oil filter wrench by Silverilne SIL14 | eBay

or

DRAPER 37871 EXPERT 75 - 120MM 3 LEG OIL FILTER WRENCH | eBay

2. i need a spark plug gapping tool, been told i need a wire based wire to stop it damaging the spark plug end, is this true, looking at these:
Standard / High Energy Spark Plug Gauge & Gapper | eBay

or

FEELER GAUGE - 17 Blades (0.02-1mm) METRIC | eBay

3. Spark plugs, ive searched and know i want NKG one's but when looking on ebay it brings up different 4 digit codes on the end, so will these be ok:
1x 6418 BKR6EIX Iridium IX NGK SPARK PLUG *FAST DEL* | eBay

4. Lastly oil filter, looking at getting a k&n one, cost pretty much same as the oem ones and they seem to have good reviews.

Thoughts :).

Also, looking at buying the full vcds license but im running a cheap ebay cable, i know this should be fine but if the cable breaks etc will i be able to just another cheap ebay one and run it on the license still, i know the license can only be used on the pc you download it to wondered if it was the same with the cable?

Dan,
You mean a diffrent version of VCDS than the one i used on your car?
I only use standard oil filters, Bosch or VAG ones mostly,
Thats what JBS used to use when i used them to look after the car.
Ive never bothered re gapping my spark plugs either,
Oil filter tool wise...
I use big grips as the room is limited , Check you have enough room first,

Also... Saw you yesterday at tesco in wath... i was in the Bora so the flash of lights didnt work.

No mate i mean the version you have? You got the full version haven't you? ive only got the free version.
Thought so, just saw the k&n and its virtually the same price so thought it may be worth a go.
Yeah its tight as hell, did my mates s3 the other month, was a knuckle racker.
Argh i wondered why i was getting flashed haha, you got a new toy then?

Bora is the family car. got 4 ****** cars now !
The Mrs normaly has the bora but i nipped out in it saturday,
My version is not the share ware version yes,
If i remember right... the licence is in the RossTech lead, The program can be down loaded for free but will not work without a full lead,

4, christ mate haha. You still got the golf and skyline?
Yeah i get you, thanks.

skyline has gone...
Got my S3, The blue TDI bora i was in yesterday, My mk2 golf and a mk1 gti soft top.
The golfs are in my lock up this time of year though

Fed up of japs then?

The mk1 is very nice mate so i dont blame you? Whats the mk2 running engine wise?

So are the spark plugs the right ones? Also will either of the feeler gauges be safe to use on the ngk's? Wont damage the tip?

hi
i bought four sparks at tps for my s3.
ngk tenner for all four.
screw driver for the oil filter