Short Lance (in2detailing)

Adam14

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking at purchasing the following from in2detailing (https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karc...-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190958560.html) but it is out of stock.
I've had no luck finding anything equivalent for my K4 with the snow foam lance attachment, I was looking at getting this so I could clean my wheel arches before putting me summer wheels back on! Hoping someone might have bought something from somewhere similar that is actually in stock, tried looking yesterday but everywhere seems to be out of stock!

I had these quick connection spray heads with that big boi pressure washer and wasn't impressed at all with them, take yer wheels off scrub the arches with a tyre brush....or similar use whatever detergent you have...rinse and dry and dress the arches....l can get right in to the top of the arches with a K4 lance.....even with the wheels on

I have one of these, and I’ve been very happy with it. The fact that the hose connection to the gun swivels is a big bonus (helps prevent the hose getting all coiled up). When combined with an after market Karcher compatible 10m hose from Amazon (which is way more flexible than the very rigid and short standard 6m K4 hose - and allows you to to work round the whole car without picking up the pressure washer and moving it round with you), plus some Hoze-Eez tire jam eliminators, makes for a much less frustrating experience!

If I were you Adam, I’d give Imran a call and see when he’s expecting the next batch of these short trigger guns in - there are some cheaper alternatives out there on eBay, but the in2detailing deluxe one is very good quality - you might be better to wait until they’re back in stock.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Eldeano2, Sandra and Adam14
I have this gun form In2Detailing on my K4, and love it. The pressure is defo better than the full control wand and it is a very high quality piece. Once you go to a shortie gun with changeable nozzles it's hard to go back, especially if you work in tight spaces as I do. Fo doing wheel wells you might want a short extension with a 45 degree tip. You can get them on eBay for well under £10

as Jassy says though, you really need a brush to do wheel wells properly. My go to is the largest of the EZ brushes, and some surfex. If you're really OCD you can follow it up with some 303 protectant of CarPro Perl and they will look brand new.

Reactions: Eldeano2, NevMan and Adam14
Thanks for the responses, not an issue as got brushes etc, just was after the interchangeable nozzles and swivel as a lot easier to get the PW in and under the arches than a 2 foot Lance that comes with the K4!
Will give him a call, will likely wait till they're back in stock!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

What about something like this?
The karcher attachment is £18
b3544a4c905a1f074f945b8b1d46454f.jpg
e45aa28708bfd25e3501e4521e138900.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried this lance. My karcher wand has decided to f#%k up. So I need a new one

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Not a bad idea just not what I'm after, with the Lance at in2detailing it's just a lot easier to control with the swivel connection and able to direct the PW a lot easier which a fixed Lance like this can't.

I have this gun form In2Detailing on my K4, and love it. The pressure is defo better than the full control wand and it is a very high quality piece. Once you go to a shortie gun with changeable nozzles it's hard to go back, especially if you work in tight spaces as I do. Fo doing wheel wells you might want a short extension with a 45 degree tip. You can get them on eBay for well under £10

as Jassy says though, you really need a brush to do wheel wells properly. My go to is the largest of the EZ brushes, and some surfex. If you're really OCD you can follow it up with some 303 protectant of CarPro Perl and they will look brand new.

Yep, the large EZ definitely does the job on the arches

Reactions: Adam14

Didn't read this properly. My arches are lined with "carpet" for lack of a better description, not sure who thought that was a good idea. So won't be able to coat those I wouldn't have thought

Didn't read this properly. My arches are lined with "carpet" for lack of a better description, not sure who thought that was a good idea. So won't be able to coat those I wouldn't have thought

Yep, I've got those too and they suck! I wonder if its part of the effort to deaden road/tyre noise though? I'd much rather have simple smooth plastic!

Reactions: Adam14
Yep, I've got those too and they suck! I wonder if its part of the effort to deaden road/tyre noise though? I'd much rather have simple smooth plastic!
Maybe? Of course you've got an S4 so virtually the same car Imagine it might be for sound

Reactions: OCDaveS4

My Q5 also has these ‘material lined’ type of arches, and I find they also cut down the amount of spray thrown up when it’s raining....personally, I prefer them to my previous A3 saloon plastic arches.

Hi all,

I was looking at purchasing the following from in2detailing (https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/karc...-with-quick-release-nozzles-kar190958560.html) but it is out of stock.
I've had no luck finding anything equivalent for my K4 with the snow foam lance attachment, I was looking at getting this so I could clean my wheel arches before putting me summer wheels back on! Hoping someone might have bought something from somewhere similar that is actually in stock, tried looking yesterday but everywhere seems to be out of stock!

found this one and they have it in stock if its any good to you.

https://www.mycarcleaning.co.uk/product/mtm-hydro-astra-hp-trigger-gun-various-options/

RIP off I'd say, no different from the chinese ones of the flea bay.

So it came. It’s not a bad piece of kit. I got the long lance cos be karcher one messed up. Only thing is that where it bend it’s slightly off to the left.

dae4617f7279ed5e77b9a4a11ede98f1.jpg

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Another option. Would the Karcher Mini Vario Power jet. You can vary the pressure as per the normal Lance but the neat feature is it has an adjustable 360° joint. It’s Ideal for cleaning difficult to reach areas - first time I used it could not believe the amount crud got from under the wheel arches without having to take the wheels off.

Got mine from the karcher outlet - £22 inc postage - neat piece of kit for the price

The different spray heads are really useful but not obvious as to why
On my convertible I use the black nozzle reduces pressure so you dont accidentally end up with lines in the roof
This I saw at a garage guy was using pressure washer to wash car pointed it at window seals then he quickly moved away
came back with i guess his manager
This got my attention
I waited had a look and the pressure washer had damaged very obviously the black finish
So on that basis i use the 40 degree head as my general purpose spray