Should I get it? - A4 Quattro

Batesy16

Reaction score
Ok i have found a 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport, paddle shift gears, on 97k miles. Looks to be a mint car, just enquiring whether anyone has had any issues with the paddle shift gears on it, as on whatcar it said these may be an issue.

also is the car overpriced at 8.5k, seems to be to me when looking on whatcar but i dont know whether they are just unrealistic with there prices.

any help would be apprciated as am new to the world of Audi so not sure what to expect from them, or problems they may have.

cheers i advance.

What age is it, as i assume it's a B6 chassis After 2001? I can move it to the right place then for you

yeah was what i thought, have looked on whatcar and they said 5.5k and then parkers guide said 8.2k so i kinda dont know what is a good amount to be paying. car is mint though.

03 will be a B6,l so you're in the right place.

Lot sof probs with the Multitronic gears..... especially with the TDI's, but that's the Quattro180 (177bhp), so it's a regular Tiptronic-Auto, not Multitronic.... which is a LOT more reliable... not as robust as the manual, but certain no "known issues" if the car has been regualrly serviced?

What spec? Parkers guide price for a 2.5TDI Tiptronic Quattro SPORT is up to £8250, SE is £7.8k and S is £7.3k (max)...

Any extras?

Parker's prices are assuming 60k miles, so even with the Sport you're looking at up to £7.5k for 90k, in mint condition.

That said, that guide price is excluding extras (GMBH/S-Line body kit, satnav, leather, heated seats front/rear, Xenons, etc).... OEM extras normally add some value (especially leather / satnav) and non-OEM detract.

Note: some extras are assumed for certain models, e.g. 17" alloys, were standard on later Sports (and I think also the S-Line bodykit! but that may only ahve been on the 2004-2005 run-out models).

it is a quattro sport, below is the advert details, unfortunately dont know which are extras and whish are not.

5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, 97,000 miles, Red, MOT-03-2010, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Body kit, CD, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Head restraints, Leather seats, Locking wheel nuts, Lumbar support, Metallic paintwork, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Radio, Remote locking, Roof rails, Side airbags, Sports seats, Tinted glass. Insurance Group:15, GLASS SUNROOF UPGRADED ALLOYS BLACK LEATHER SEATS REAR PARKING SENSORS PADDLESHIFT 180 BHP FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, £8,490

so, from what people have said it isnt such a high a price as i thought but maybe if could get a few quid off i would be happier maybe.

so are these good cars and anyone on here got one.

That reads like a fairly generic advert. The rare options are the RNS-e satnav, heated seats etc neither of which are mentioned, although the sunroof is a nice touch. No mention of service history either?

Any pictures? It mentions bodykit, do you know which type? OEM or aftermarket? Are they true paddleshifts? Or just up and down buttons on the steering wheel?

It is good money, but I'm sure that would be negotiable, it would want to be in honesty.....

There are a few 2.5q owners on here, and we are a generally happy bunch :)

body kit, if OEM is a plus, if aftermarket and not very slick and utterly SPOT on is hefty a minus IMO,

sunroof is nice and leather seats and rear parking are also optional extras.... EVERYTHING ELSE is included in that parkers "book price".... sports seats, electric lumbar adjsutment are all Sport standard spec, not to mention CD, aircon, etc (that are S spec B6 standard)... I guess tinted glass is techincally an extra and there are some with rear windows in non-elec spec....

from what i can see and from what a friend says who has an audi, the bodykit is an OEM one. but till i go look at it i am not to sure. hard to tell from the pictures lol.

so has anyone had any major problems with there car or is there anything that i should keep my eye out for when it comes to looking at it.

re the bodykit -t here's a few people here who will be able to tell you in detail if it's OEM / or even retro-fitted OEM... can you post the pics (or PM me the link)? I promise, I'm not after a 2nd one ;)

BTW - my Parkers prices were based on Saloon - Avant's hold their value better as there's a glut of saloon rep-mobiles and more demand for Avant's as they're such great familly cars (or wanted by the more discerning trademan)....

Avant guide prices (for the Quattro SPORT*) are:
Franchised Dealer £9,380
Independent Dealer £9,105
Private Good £8,650
Private Poor £6,900

Please note that's based on the Sport and 60k miles... the SE is a few percent less and the S/Standard is about 10% less.... and that's before mileage adjustment.... which is probably another 10%-15% off...