Should I Wait For The A3 Facelift?

marriedblonde, yeah I agree about the charging side of things... that does suck. But the playing, as Im shuffling, is a case of if I dont like the track that much, it FF it. Next track... the botton is a close as if I was pressing the MFSW, (because Im resting my hand on the gear stick!) ;) I hear what your saying tho... was just giving an alternative view to an aux port being crap, for a no cost option it certainly has some worthwhile..

bowfer said:
Hang on though, are dension i-pod only?
I've just bought myself a Sony video walkman (NWZA818).
I didn't think it through....did I....:Flush:

Ah ok yes it is. Right in that case the Aux input is going to be spot on for your needs :)

marriedblonde said:
Ah ok yes it is. Right in that case the Aux input is going to be spot on for your needs :)

My own fault, I should have checked.:keule:
I might just bite the bullet and buy an i-pod instead then, as the Dension does appeal.
The charging bit especially.
Cheers for all the advice.

bowfer said:
My own fault, I should have checked.:keule:
I might just bite the bullet and buy an i-pod instead then, as the Dension does appeal.
The charging bit especially.
Cheers for all the advice.

I bought mine off ebay for New £69 including delivery. Fitting is a doddle as it just plugs into the standard cd changer cables.

J.

marriedblonde said:
I bought mine off ebay for New £69 including delivery. Fitting is a doddle as it just plugs into the standard cd changer cables. J.

D3 doesn't have a CD changer, just a single play, I'm sure.
Does that complicate matters?:confused:

Nope not at all, mines the same as standard just the business head unit, it'll have the cables in place where the changer is normally fitted.

J.

Bear with me here MB..
If you go onto dension's website, it suggests that the applicable product for an E90 with the professional system (which my D3 has, I checked) is their 'gateway 500' product.
When you look at that, it says it supports ipod/aux/USB.
So doesn't that mean I should be able to use my Sony, via USB??
See here

They've expanded what you can actually connect throught the dension. So the main use is the ipod but you also have the option of USB pens drives and an Aux input.

You control it like a normal cd changer. The different CD's 1-6 on the head unit pick different options.

Select CD 1 - this allows you to move up and down the tracks.
Select CD 2 - this allows you to choose the play lists. track 1 is all tracks ipod. track 2 is play list 1, track 3 pllaylist 2 etc
Select CD 3 - this allows you to jump through the albums
Select CD 4 - this allows you to jump through the artists
Select CD 5 - Input Source - iPod, Aux
Select CD 6 - Dension setup

Does that make sense?

J.

Cheers for all this, MB.
Looks like I can connect my Sony via the gateway 500 USB, provided it uses FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 file systems.
Unfortunately, I can't find anything online to tell me if Sony use any of those.
I've e-mailed dension.
Be nice if I could use the Sony, seeing as I only bought it 2 weeks ago!