Side mirrors

damnit

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

I would like to ask if I can change the factory electric side mirrors to folding - heated on a 2001Audi A3 8L.

What is needed, what can I do and if it is possible.

If not due to wiring, can I at least put electric heaters in their existing installation?

thank you,

angelos

Heated comes as standard on the a3 8l series and you will find a thread in the stickies about mirror upgrades changes etc.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: damnit

Heated comes as standard on the a3 8l series and you will find a thread in the stickies about mirror upgrades changes etc.

Mine model doesn’t have!

Have you removed the mirror glass and checked inside the housing for wires?

No I didn't really... but if it has heated mirrors where is the button/switch for this action??

They don't have a button as such they work on various principles, for example, my 1997 has thermistors on the back of the mirror glass OEM which activate the heated mirrors at certain low temperatures later models work differently but again do not have an on switch for heat, so I would suggest removing the glass carefully and you should find two black wires with red terminals attached these go to the mirror glass let me know of your progress.

They don't have a button as such they work on various principles, for example, my 1997 has thermistors on the back of the mirror glass OEM which activate the heated mirrors at certain low temperatures later models work differently but again do not have an on switch for heat, so I would suggest removing the glass carefully and you should find two black wires with red terminals attached these go to the mirror glass let me know of your progress.
ok.. I'll check it and let you know! Thank you very much!

Reactions: MPH
ok.. I'll check it and let you know! Thank you very much!
Hello, my friend! Finally, I removed them and you' re right! It has two black cables with two red terminals! I connected both terminals to the terminals of the crystal. I connected them randomnly. But now, I can't find how they are heated. I checked it with the heat button for the windscreen and the button for the electric mirrors adjustment but I didn't see something. Does it need more time to crystal to be heated?

They don't work until its like 5 degrees and below outside. So say when they are iced over you can see the steam start to come of them. So probably need to wait until winter to see if they are actually working

Reactions: damnit and MPH
They don't work until its like 5 degrees and below outside. So say when they are iced over you can see the steam start to come of them. So probably need to wait until winter to see if they are actually working
Ok I ll wait for the winter to come! Thank you so much for your information!

Reactions: hydro s3