SQ5 Side step removal question (2015 model)

dkingy11

SQ5 & A4 Allroad
Reaction score
I had a very quick look & seen there’s a couple of 2018 model threads for this but just wondering if anyone has completed the removal of the side steps on a 2015 model? Assuming there will be bolt holes left but just wondering if there is a kit of some sort with caps etc. to plug up the holes? I know a lot of people like them t I’m not a fan! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: cosmicblue
Just watched the video from the other post regarding fitment (which was on a 2013 model Q5 & looks like the majority would be able to be covered up/sealed as long as the under trays haven’t been hacked away. I’m assuming if they’re factory fitted then there will be a different variant of under tray etc.
The reason im interested, is that I’m looking to buy 1 & with not liking the side steps, just wanted to make sure there was nothing that would result from removing them. Any 1 who’s removed them have any pointers/problems they come across?

Make sure you seal them holes up. Water creeps and will get in gaps you did not know existed. From the factory, vehicles with no steps fitted will have their mounting points sealed with weather tape, my SQ5 did.

Reactions: blackwood