Side trim coming loose?

SamR92

Just noticed today the side trim on passenger side looks to be coming away.
Looks like it’s simply stuck on with tape!
Anyone else has this?

funnily enough I did notice one in dealership a few months ago that had same issue.
13A4B5CF-8C52-4802-9A69-C45FBBCF5793.jpeg
C7B265FA-7B6B-45CD-AA79-12E743A00148.jpeg
BB868D6D-AD2B-4E32-AA4A-746603A80C26.jpeg

SamR92

I do think they use a tape, which for where it is, is a bit ridiculous really
Yep, considering the wind/drag at high speed, and the amount of spray coming up from wheels etc, relying on a bit of tape seems crazy. I pushed it back towards the bodywork and held for a minute and it seems to have restuck - not sure for how long though. Probable needs a little drip of glue or something in the gap for extra hold. Failing that it’s going back to dealers to remove and refit correctly.

KXL

I hope the corresponding 'same coloured scheme' vents are not glued on either are they?

Sal Jam

To the OP: Did you jet wash your car and hit the jet directly on the edge of the trim? I once made an older car's mirror cover airborne doing so :laugh:.

SamR92

To the OP: Did you jet wash your car and hit the jet directly on the edge of the trim? I once made an older car's mirror cover airborne doing so :laugh:.
Nah, haven’t cleaned it at all yet. Seems to be a common issue thought as the one in showroom today was showing signs of it coming away at same side too!
Booked in for end of month to be removed and rebonded.