Side trim coming loose?

SamR92

Reaction score
Just noticed today the side trim on passenger side looks to be coming away.
Looks like it’s simply stuck on with tape!
Anyone else has this?

funnily enough I did notice one in dealership a few months ago that had same issue.
13A4B5CF 8C52 4802 9A69 C45FBBCF5793
C7B265FA 7B6B 45CD AA79 12E743A00148
BB868D6D AD2B 4E32 AA4A 746603A80C26

Reactions: DreamInCode
I do think they use a tape, which for where it is, is a bit ridiculous really

I do think they use a tape, which for where it is, is a bit ridiculous really
Yep, considering the wind/drag at high speed, and the amount of spray coming up from wheels etc, relying on a bit of tape seems crazy. I pushed it back towards the bodywork and held for a minute and it seems to have restuck - not sure for how long though. Probable needs a little drip of glue or something in the gap for extra hold. Failing that it’s going back to dealers to remove and refit correctly.

Reactions: Moots, Sparks43 and DreamInCode
I hope the corresponding 'same coloured scheme' vents are not glued on either are they?

To the OP: Did you jet wash your car and hit the jet directly on the edge of the trim? I once made an older car's mirror cover airborne doing so :laugh:.

To the OP: Did you jet wash your car and hit the jet directly on the edge of the trim? I once made an older car's mirror cover airborne doing so :laugh:.
Nah, haven’t cleaned it at all yet. Seems to be a common issue thought as the one in showroom today was showing signs of it coming away at same side too!
Booked in for end of month to be removed and rebonded.

Reactions: DreamInCode
Little update - car was in on Friday to be looked at, and they came back and said the sill under car was actually dented / bent and as such has pushed it off. They need to have the car in bodyshop 3 days to fix it…

needless to say, a new replacement has been ordered, as from looking closer, you can actually see the gap between door and sill bevels!

Attachments

• 92A8E6CE-9874-43C2-860C-00964661C1FC.jpeg
    92A8E6CE-9874-43C2-860C-00964661C1FC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 119
Little update - car was in on Friday to be looked at, and they came back and said the sill under car was actually dented / bent and as such has pushed it off. They need to have the car in bodyshop 3 days to fix it…

needless to say, a new replacement has been ordered, as from looking closer, you can actually see the gap between door and sill bevels!
see picture
is the other side gap where indicated the same?
92A8E6CE 9874 43C2 860C 00964661C1FC