Siena ripped me off

Cheers Macca - Good luck with the settling in - 11 years on, I think I could still find some boxes that I've not unpacked... ;)

Thanks for the offer - when they arrive back from their journey via Docurley (no nudge intended!!) I will give you a buzz - thanks, as one of my transponders has also given up the ghost since being re-coded, too - so hopefully we can put it all back as it once was "Pre-Siena" !

Hope Docurley and the other people affected have managed to get resolution on their missing gear...

Clocks were sent yesterday so should be with you today or by tomorrow and I have not sorted out all my parts as of yet but I did get back two engines for someone else that he had and should have shipped to Canada over a year ago.

Well I got a phone call from Siena stating he wanted to sell his car which he states is now mapped anyways he was looking for £8k for it if anyone is interested and he advised he getting out of the modding scene and just wants a normal car (One wonders why):eyebrows:.

Well I got a phone call from Siena stating he wanted to sell his car which he states is now mapped anyways he was looking for £8k for it if anyone is interested and he advised he getting out of the modding scene and just wants a normal car (One wonders why):eyebrows:.
i suppose he has sold or selling his business as well?

<ahem> you have to have something of substance to sell, ideally that belongs to you... i think Siena's "business" revolved around him and his knowledge, therefore even assuming there was someone else who could take over and deliver the expertise, and there was no outstanding debts, bills or liabilities (er, see rest of this thread), then all he could potentially sell is:
> his client base (quite a few on here, not sure any would go back after this sorry tale)
> his goodwill (er, see above!)

So, i doubt you'll see deltavag in the classifieds just yet..

I thought that my "Siena chapter" had been closed since Docurley managed to regain my clocks from him, and get them back to me, but I have just realised that, whilst my car was in Siena's care, he must have removed the service manual and books from the car.

I always send them with the car to any garage to ensure that everything is documented and previous notes can be referenced if needed - its only that my car has been more off the road than on since Siena had it that I have had no cause to check the glovebox!

Did just that this week, to get the car ready for a service and some other fixing work, and no F'in manuals / books there.
I do still have all the MOTs and other receipts, but its the main Audi books that are missing..

What can I do? Could possession of these could be construed as theft as they could get used in ringing other vehicles?
(oh, and yes I have tried calling Siena, about a zillion times, but his mobile is permanently off and his old workshop number rings out)

Any suggestions? My once immaculate, low mileage (85k) Nogaro Blue S4 with full history is now probably worth pence if I can even sell it with little official documentation to back anything up.

AAAAaaaargh!

PS Docurley - did you get your parts back eventually, or....?

Nope still getting the run around with some conflicting info but last conversation was that he had a buyer for the car just awaiting RAC inspection to complete the deal.

well, we all assume it is his......

Surprise surprise. Managed to get hold of Siena through his car advertised on Piston Heads, but as expected he started to give me a load of old flannel and denied all knowledge. When I challenged him about not returning my dash clocks and costing me heaps to get my car moving again; therefore how can I believe him about my service books, he started on about being away and giving me a hard luck story!

I'm sorry, but this guy has no conscience, no sense of morality or duty and in my view is crooked. Plain and simple.

He had every chance to simply stand up and apologise, or offer to go and look and see whether he had my books (like the mysterious dash clocks that he hadnt noticed sitting in a box in his house (even after confirming by text that they had been sent on...), instead he opted to rant at me and put the phone down...

Anyone who buys "his" car had better do more than just an RAC inspection - I am sure there will be issues lurking there too; when I went in that car, it was dirty and shabby on the inside - he may well have replaced or refurbished the interior by now, but it was not pretty at the time. This is not just me being sour by the way!

Grrrr - now to work out what to do about my books...

He's probably swapped the interior over with one of his customers cars!

I will be visiting Siena in person in a couple of weeks. If you have anything in his possession list them here....I will find something to take of equal value.

...yes Siena if you are reading this I am coming to see you in person :)

The only thing me value is his car which is now being converted to a 2.8 to sell to someone but the facts why its being converted is not quite clear. Trust me he as noting of value in his house if even had to borrow a hover to clean.

my god this thread still going. Dave... when are you going to see siena, i would love to come with you :eyebrows: I think my mate nick he sold the green A4 too would also like to come see him and retreve some money back.

You mean he's still standing, damn some people are too nice!!!!!

Carefull fellas, if he has read this he has probably given advanced notive to the plod. Be aware (not patronising guys, but have to say it), anything you take from him will be classed as theft/robbery/taking without consent. In the eyes of the law, you will ALL be the guilty parties. Is it really worth clocking one up on your CRB'S for this guy????!!! I would have said no. Besides, that is probably exactly what he would want.

that is probably exactly what he would want.
....then that is exactly what he will get. I will take my chances.

Tired of scum like him getting away with **** like this. I paid Siena for parts and a service which he never supplied so I will be retrieving those services.

I couldn't agree more....You sound extremely intent. In that case I wish you luck. BE CAREFULL.......

Can you be arrested for stealing your own stolen parts...?

If you can'y prove that they are yours, then yes you can Giles. Remember possesion is 9/10th's of the law. It's a horrible fact, but true!

Personally, If it were my parts he still had, I would have asked a colleauge to take the V8 B5 he was selling out for a drive in an honest "I want to buy your car" guise, and accidently on purpose arrange for him to crash it. There is no way he would get back what he spent putting that car together on the insurance payout. He would lose a couple of K, I would be very smugly happy, and would then start the long labourious process of getting my stuff back via legal maeans. And he would be paying the civil court/legal costs afterwards when I had won due to all the documentation I would have insisted on to begin with. Thats how to really f**k someone. I preach this, because I have done EXACTLY what I described above about 6 years back when I was on the jap car scene. Afterwards the guy was so ****** off he assaulted his wife/took it out on her, and pushed 6 months inside....I even went to see him! Honestly!

Wary, **** I'm surprised he isnt in a field somewhere, guys a tosser in my books.

Yep seen them on Pistonheads aswell, and the brushed ally mirrors, probably trying to re-coup something out of the car when it got split!

Americans call the one piece facelift lights "E-Codes" for some bonkers reason.

Yep. European lights have the letter E in a circle printed on them - this defines what the 'Mericans call e-codes.

North America get these awful lights with concentric lenses and yellow side markers (like indicators, but they run permanently when the parking lights or headlamps are switched on.

A "clear corner" mod involved separating the lens covers from the housing and removing them to make them look "cleaner". You still see the holes where the old orange markers clip in though...

Best wishes,

Ram

ah fair enough. So the term "e-code" in general just refers to any UK/Euro light unit, but B5 folks will tend to want the later facelift units as if they're going to change they may as well get the nice ones!

I sort-of got ripped off by Siena too!

My OEM dual mass flywheel in my 2004 S4 V8 broke and I looked for a single mass replacements. There were a few being developed in 2009, but nothing on the market. Some how Siena engineered and manufactured a few single mass flywheel for the 4.2 engine. After waiting forever and many miscommunications from his side, I got the flywheel. I had it installed and it worked alright. Well, just last week, that flywheel blew apart and it has to be replaced with another flywheel for now. Now it looks like Siena cannot be found and more likely won't stand behind his work. I should have not even bought it when he was the only one in the world to make one at that point and his company seemed a bit shady.

Chris

The Flywheels Siena had made were manufactured by TTV-Racing as far as i know.

Might be worth having a chat with them?

They make flywheels for us, we 99% of the time done get any problems from them.

Last edited:
Jeez! This has to be one of the longest running threads on the forum!....must have been a bad cookie mate.