Silicon Hose Kit for Audi A3 3.2 (Quality or Fake)

SpeedFerret

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...Hoses-28-Pcs-Intake-Radiator-Kit/111817602274

My beautiful A3 3.2 DSG has passed its 11th birthday and was thinking of treating it to a complete set of new hoses.

Does anyone have history on this kit ? From the pictures, does it look like decent silicon hose ?
Or is it rubber hose wrapped in silicon ?

This is not NOT the Forge kit which has fewer hoses and is well advertised.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts from those in the know

it seem to be ok, just got 3 sawing markings, if you can find something with 4 or 5 is better (more durable, bnut they seem to be normal silicone hoses to me.

Reactions: SpeedFerret
These are generic 3 ply hoses that many places have their own logo applied to , As Marek says 4/5 ply better but as these arnt being used in high stress or motorsports then they should be fine.
The only thing is that as they are for the R32 there are differences in hoses between that and our 3.2's.

Reactions: SpeedFerret
Thanks guys for your comments. I dont know anything about silicon hoses so that info on 3 ply vs 5 ply is useful. My car is standard and wont be turbo charged but is a keeper. So was just wondering whether to change them over. I offered £250 but he wouldn't budge below £290.

I assume there is a (chinese?) wholesaler that they buy from.

Some silicon hoses are made in the UK, usually the single ply or similar are "Chinese" . At the end of the day its personal choice , on one hand it makes sense as rubber hoses perish and collapse so good quality silicon will solve that but on the other they are not cheap.
It may be cheaper to buy just the individual hoses as you need them ?