Sill plates - same between Saloon and Avant?

NM07

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to replace the sill plates on my Saloon as they are a bit scuffed. Are they the same part for both Avant and Saloon, or do they have different part numbers?

As in the silver ones on top of the sills.
Are yours S-line badged or plain

If so, avant and saloon fitments are the same.

Yep the ones on top of the sills. Mine have the plain metal inserts, without the S-line badge:

IMG 0641

Planning to upgrade to the ones with the S-line badge as they look really smart, and give the door frame some contrast:

E542f75c79b666d05ea4208cc84596a9

Reactions: Charlie Farley
yep, avant and saloon are the same units.

Reactions: NM07
Yep the ones on top of the sills. Mine have the plain metal inserts, without the S-line badge:

View attachment 257756

Planning to upgrade to the ones with the S-line badge as they look really smart, and give the door frame some contrast:

View attachment 257757
If you want to part company with your plain ones then I'd be interested.
I've been removing all s-line logos from the old bus since i bought it, luckliy it was debaged to a degree from the factory but the s-line still remains in a few areas.
It's the only thing left that I need to de badge for a better description, the whole S-line wording just sounds a bit naff to me, reminds me of 80's cars where it was just go faster wording .

Very much like AMG and M sport, everything thing is an AMG or M-sport version , in reality just a plain old varaiant with a few bits stuck on .
The true AMG and M sport cars were proper cars.

Yep would be more than happy to part with the plain ones. The drivers side one has a few scuffs on the metal, average wear I would say for a car with 95k miles on it. Should polish out fairly easily, if I get chance I'll try and get that done.

I'm bidding on a set of S-line ones at the minute in really good condition, as long as I manage to win them, you can have mine for free, all I ask is you pay the postage :) You've helped me so much during my time on the forum, it's the least I can do to say thanks. If I don't win the ones I'm bidding on, would you be interested in selling yours to me at all?

I can understand your take on S-line, personally I quite like it, but I get why some people wouldn't. The biggest factor in me wanting to update my sill plates is so get some colour down there, to break up the silver metal, and silver painted door shuts. If my barge was another colour, I probably wouldn't bother haha

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Thanks for the offer chap, I'm happy to buy them to be honest and you can pass the funds onto a worthy cause your end. :icon thumright:
I suspect yours are better than mine, a few scuffs on my rears and driver's side that won't buff out I'm afraid otherwise i'd offer you mine.

But as we always say, personal preference rules the day.:yes:

How about this for an offer. If I win the set I'm bidding on, you can have my current ones for the price of postage, not a penny more. Will do me a favour to get them gone anyway as I'm moving soon and trying to thin down bits I don't need! If I don't win the set I'm bidding on, we'll do a straight swap. How does that sound to you.

This is what I like to hear!

Wanted to comment before but wasn't certain. I was fairly sure the doors are all the same between Avant and Saloons so would have guessed the sills and plates were too

Good news, I won the set of sill plates for £50 including delivery. Very pleased with that, they seem to be in very good condition too.

S l1600

S l1600 2

Aiming to try and get my current ones removed, and these fitted in the next week or two, when I get time.

@I'm Just Rob. my old set are yours if you would still like them, let me know. Not sure how much postage will be, but I can't imaging they're very heavy so don't think it will be too bad.

Reactions: tr7
Nice. All about the details!

You can send anything up to 30kg in the UK in for like £10+vat (Parcelforce)

Shouldn't be more than £4-6 Royal Mail