Silly Question's From A Soon-2-B S3 Owner!

Manics

Reaction score
Hello!

I pick up my 2000 (W) reg S3 Quattro on Thursday!
12,500 miles with cruise, full leather, electric sunny, electric / heated seat's and all the other usual's.

Thing is I have some silly question's before I hand over the cash....

How can I check it does have BOSE?
I THINK it had S3 badge on rear not S3 with Quattro underneath....does that matter?
It did have Quattro badge on glove box inside.....
It's an import from Germany....are all S3's Quattro??
Does ESP switch from 2WD to 4Wd or what????

Thank you for anyone's reply!

3 sleep's till Thursday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Topny

Nice car by the sound of it.

Quattro badge on boot can be left off (see options lsit) if owner asks, similar idea to debadging higher spec. BMWs.

ESP dose not switch to 2WD as your 4WD is permanently engaged. ESP uses brakes etc. to control wheeel spin.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 ToBY said:
Hello!

I pick up my 2000 (W) reg S3 Quattro on Thursday!
12,500 miles with cruise, full leather, electric sunny, electric / heated seat's and all the other usual's.

Thing is I have some silly question's before I hand over the cash....

How can I check it does have BOSE?
I THINK it had S3 badge on rear not S3 with Quattro underneath....does that matter?
Does ESP switch from 2WD to 4Wd or what????

Thank you for anyone's reply!

3 sleep's till Thursday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Toby,

All Audi S3's are Quattro, mine is also a German import, no problems, as it is the SAME as a *UK* car.

There are NO Quattro badges as standard on the boot of an S3, only the S3 badge, and as far as I am aware it is not an option.

ESP will not disengage the 4WD. ESP will disengage the traction control system and the individual wheel braking. The 4WD system is not permanent and depending on what and how you are driving the Haldex system will split the torque to a maximum 100% to the front and 50% to the rears.

For example, when cruising on the motorway, 100% of torque will be to the front wheels as it is more efficient and 4WD is not required. Under hard accleration / cornering, this may be split 50/50 to the front and rears.

Hope that helps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good luck with the new toy, you will love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 ToBY said:
12,500 miles

[/ QUOTE ]

12.5K miles! Who are these people that put 12.5k miles on a car in 3 years! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I've done 12.5K in the last 8 months since I got the car!

[ QUOTE ]
S3 ToBY said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter, all the S cars are Quattro. Those who don't soon find out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No probs on being an import, a lot of them on here are, mine included. It's the same car.

If you want to know more about how the 4WD and the Haldex setup works, take a look here. It should cover most of your questions.

Enjoy the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yeah 12.5k in 3 years sucks !! ive done 15k in 2.5 years !! Maybe i dont drive it enough !! I'll be back !! ( grabs keys and goes out ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh yeah sorry mate looks like ur questions for htis evening have been answered. No doubt after a few more hours of not being able to sleep u will have some more.
Ahh the waiting game !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Also Bose stereo will have a Bose sub in left hand cavity in the boot. Has Bose logo on it, and 2 speakers instead of one.

Sounds like a lovely car and really low mileage - but are you sure it's not been clocked?

I've done 23,300 miles since mine was brand new last August!!!

Thank you all for your answer's!

Well, I've checked the mileage with Audi using the reg and it all tie's in with the service history and Audi's system's.
HPI check seem's to be fine too.
Audi tell me it's next to impossible to give the S3 a "haircut", To get anything near to close you'd need access to full Audi garage technology, so clocking is not likely.

BACK TO BOSE!
I don't get it....car is German import, so maybe it's just a little quirk...?
But the speaker's don't have BOSE grille's, however, (radio) console DOES report BOSE on power-up, which Audi tell me is the definition that the system is Bose....the lack of grille's bug's me though.
Guess I'll have to check the actual speaker's and have a look for that sub.....
Anyone know how much the BOSE option is worth?
Anyone else have a German import?

Thank's again!

My gf has got a german import, but no BOSE. The BOSE option was £400 IIRC.

Check the speakers, if no BOSE they will be Nokia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

I've got the BOSE system & my speaker grills not have BOSE on them.
This is an A3 if that makes any difference.

havent got a clue then, other than both of mine were UK spec imports.

Mines got the BOSE logo`s on the speakers too, also a UK spec car. Curious.... maybe at the time that cars was on the production line they ran out of BOSE grill`s and put the standard ones on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif just a theory.

Guys,

I think the logo's on the speaker grills only came in with the facelift, hence my car has the BOSE logo's.

So the only way to check a 1999-(nov?)2001 car, is as said above: watch for BOSE being displayed on the headunit or check the side compartments.

AL
PS: and mines a full UK spec car, imported from Germany.

Ive heard this pop up a couple of times on the TT forum S3 section.

in particular it being decribed wrongly on the V5 registration document.

seems a few imports get decribed wrongly.

Mine have all been fine...

It should say....

Make: AUDI
Model / Type : S3 Quattro
3 Door Hatchback