SIM card for Audi Connect

ctrlbreak

Reaction score
Finally the wait is over... Picking up my Nardo RS3 on Thursday from the dealer, followed by a 300 mile drive home! :) :)

Can anyone tell me what type of SIM card is needed for the Audi Connect on the tech pack? What size, specifically? And can anyone recommend a good data-only SIM to buy?

Cheers!

Team Nardo! Great colour imho although I could be a tad biased ;)

TX.

Before I got tired of the connect functionality, I used to buy a 1GB month pre-paid data card from Vodafone for £10 and never once used the full data allocation in a month. There's not a great deal of data used and functionality is pretty lame in my opinion. Oh you do get nice google maps views I suppose. Enjoy, you might like it.

This is new news to me for connect pack - BMW gives you the full data SIM included for first three years.

What this???? Not much use? I mean don't everyone need Facebook in there car?

I did look into ordering this but once the novelty wears thin whats left?

But i did look into a a card from o2 as they were good priced at the time.

micro-sim I'm guessing/assuming?

@TMP-Audi - I don't know for sure, but I guessed I would need a SIM, and the brochure wording seems to reinforce that.

The sim card size is a micro sim. I use a pay as you go sim card from EE which costs £1 for 100mb data which expires after a week. I only really use it for Google Maps view for sat nav and traffic updates.

This is new news to me for connect pack - BMW gives you the full data SIM included for first three years.

For some services, integrated SIM works forever: remote services (lock/unlock car from anywhere with mobile, horn, flash lights, car location by gps...), e-call, teleservice, mobile apps, updates and downloads over-air... without any monthly fee. Car is always "online".

Other integrated services like bmw online (news, weather, POI search, email), real time traffic, internet browser or concierge service you have 3 years and can renew or activate/deactivate what you want or need.

Data is unlimited and works in all world, you don't have to worry about roaming or data limits.

It's a very good solution.

Last edited:
For some services, integrated SIM works forever: remote services (lock/unlock car from anywhere with mobile, horn, flash lights, car location by gps...), e-call, teleservice, mobile apps, updates and downloads over-air... without any monthly fee. Car is always "online".

Other integrated services like bmw online (news, weather, POI search, email), real time traffic, internet browser or concierge service you have 3 years and can renew or activate/deactivate what you want or need.

Data is unlimited and works in all world, you don't have to worry about roaming or data limits.

It's a very good solution.

Note sure that is correct, but happy to be wrong! Why, well for some reason my car last week has ran out of ConnectedDrive subscription, so I have lost all remote services (locate car, horn etc), plus RTTi . As my car is well in its three years, i think something is amis here with BMW end...

Also Internet only works in your home country, it didnt work for me in Europe. Rtti works everywhere though, which is good!

it is a good service for the first three years, but after that the costs are very high (betwwen £120-240 a year). Maybe this Audi SIM solution is cheaper, if you keep the car longer.

Note sure that is correct, but happy to be wrong! Why, well for some reason my car last week has ran out of ConnectedDrive subscription, so I have lost all remote services (locate car, horn etc), plus RTTi . As my car is well in its three years, i think something is amis here with BMW end...

Also Internet only works in your home country, it didnt work for me in Europe. Rtti works everywhere though, which is good!

it is a good service for the first three years, but after that the costs are very high (betwwen £120-240 a year). Maybe this Audi SIM solution is cheaper, if you keep the car longer.

Im not sure if this is standard, probably not because brands work different in every country. This is how it works in my country (since 2013).

You pay for hardware on car buy, and you have integrated worldwide voice and data SIM for life with e-call, BMW Teleservices, and Connected Drive Services without any additional fee.

You pay 50€ (35 GBP) and you have remote services for life.

Other services are included for 3 years and you can renew if needed for 1 month to 3 years.

It's a full size sim, not micro or nano

I have an EE sharer SIM for £6 a month which leaches of my main contracts 10GB allocation. As above, even with heavy use you'll struggle to reach 1GB a month.

That's a good price Jose and good too know :)