Facelift SIM Card

cemerson

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that the Audi Connect system in the FL car uses an electronic SIM? Only I saw a review the other day where the MMI still looked like it had a SIM card slot, which confused me a bit.

I was about to cancel the SIM card I use in my current PFL car in preparation, but if you still need to put a SIM card in then I'll just transfer the same one over.

It uses an embedded SIM but there is s a slot to use a data SIM, which I use if I want to use the car as a hotspot for the kids devices.

Reactions: Milnesafc
It uses an embedded SIM but there is s a slot to use a data SIM, which I use if I want to use the car as a hotspot for the kids devices.
This :)

Embedded SIM is used for all Audi related "connect" services. In order to function as a Wi-Fi hotspot you need to either take an overpriced data subscription using the embedded SIM or use your own. If you do choose to use your own then the embedded SIM is ignored and everything (audi connect) goes in / out over your own.

OK, cheers. I might keep my subscription active then, fiver a month for 500MB (and I don't use more than that currently), but the hotspot is useful.