Single din Concert to Double din Satnav unit

Kev Boy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this will have been asked to death but I cant find specific answers for everything.

I have a single din Audi Concert arrangement with the factory optional BOSE speakers in my car.

I don't know if the specifics affect it, but it is a 2007 A4 B7 3.0 TDV (233PS) Quattro.

I have just bought an RNS-D sat nav to install and also a glove box 6 disc changer.

What all do I need to do, to make this work?

Firstly the dash, what ive learned from scrolling through lots of previous questions was that I need a double din cage to house everything for a start.

I understand that the heater controls can be modified (sides trimmed) to fit in the lower position but none seem to say how hard this is. They say it like its easy, is this the case?

People also say that you need a double din ashtray cover as if not there is a gap. Is it a noticeable gap or just something that would niggle a trained eye?

Will the RNS-D unit simply plug in and slot into my new cage with the existing wiring? I have steering controls. Will these also plug and play with it and be recognised?

Glove box CD Changer.... Ive read a lot of posts about new liners being needed. My glove box looks as though it has the space to accept this unit. It has the slots at the back of it for putting wiring through as well.

Also what wiring will I need to make this work?

Any help to any of the above would be a great help and is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Hi All,

I know this will have been asked to death but I cant find specific answers for everything.

I have a single din Audi Concert arrangement with the factory optional BOSE speakers in my car.

I don't know if the specifics affect it, but it is a 2007 A4 B7 3.0 TDV (233PS) Quattro.

I have just bought an RNS-D sat nav to install and also a glove box 6 disc changer.

What all do I need to do, to make this work?

Firstly the dash, what ive learned from scrolling through lots of previous questions was that I need a double din cage to house everything for a start.

I understand that the heater controls can be modified (sides trimmed) to fit in the lower position but none seem to say how hard this is. They say it like its easy, is this the case?

People also say that you need a double din ashtray cover as if not there is a gap. Is it a noticeable gap or just something that would niggle a trained eye?

Will the RNS-D unit simply plug in and slot into my new cage with the existing wiring? I have steering controls. Will these also plug and play with it and be recognised?

Glove box CD Changer.... Ive read a lot of posts about new liners being needed. My glove box looks as though it has the space to accept this unit. It has the slots at the back of it for putting wiring through as well.

Also what wiring will I need to make this work?

Any help to any of the above would be a great help and is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Hi there first you need the double cage i did mine a year ago found dealer was cheaper than second hand or ebay
with the climate control it is very easy to trim to easy if you dont take your time as i took too much off so trim small bit at a time
the ash tray is a personal thing or picky person
as for the head unit and cd box im no help as i went after market kit for me
i'll find a link for the whole install part in a bit for you.