Single Fan to Twin Fan swap?

PaulWa4

Reaction score
Hi
My fan control module is dead on my 1.9tdi avant. It is fitted with one large cooling fan only.
I have another B6 1.9 (died at 300,000 miles) for spares but it's fitted with the twin fans.
Multi Plug obviously the same but will my car run the twin fans or do I have to swap like for like. All help appreciated
Paul

Guess it depends how it died really, no experiance with Audi fans but I remember fitting one to my Starlet trying everything to get it going and it turned out the fuse had blown. Worth a test fit I guess although to be honest 1.9tdi's don't really need the fan all that much, think mine's disconnected actually. If the plug is the same I'd presume it will work, worth trying to use the plug in the new fan before swapping the one in the car out just to be sure (if the connector will reach).

My donor B6 3.0 Quattro 6MT had twins, while my B6 3.0 Quattro Avant tip had a single.

When I swapped the good 3.0 and 6MT into my Avant, I used the twin-fan lock carrier from the donor. All plug and play, both fans work.