Ski hatch/passthrough

ian.f

Reaction score
Hi Forum,
Interested to know if the b9 has this hatch through between the rear seats (behind the arm rest).
Have had a look around, and can’t find any info on it.
Does anyone have this? Or have a part number?
Cheers

No ski hatch on mine, the whole middle seat can be folded down for that purpose.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

No ski hatch on mine, the whole middle seat can be folded down for that purpose.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw
Indeed, you’re absolutely correct the whole middle seat folds down.
However, with it folded down and two child seats in the back it is impossible to access the seat belt buckle.
The kids like to click themselves in, and they (and me!) get very annoyed if they can’t do it!!

Yep, got the ski hatch on mine. Don't know part numbers but would expect it to be a whole new seat back and not likely to be worth the cost of retrofitting.

Its usually a spec'd feature, not standard for most cars, although it maybe included in one of the packs or chassis style, its a whole seat back not a retrofit on most cars, as the seat material is fitted around the unit..

I got a 2019 Sport with very few extras and I've got the "ski hatch" and the middle seat folds down as well.

Its usually a spec'd feature, not standard for most cars, although it maybe included in one of the packs or chassis style, its a whole seat back not a retrofit on most cars, as the seat material is fitted around the unit..
Think it depended on the trim level - on my 3.0 s line the 40:20:40 was included in the base spec. if looking retrofit you’d need each of the 3 separate pieces. part numbers would depend upholstery material and colour. alternative to buying new would be to look on eBay - they come up from time to time

I'd only half read Ian.f's second post before I replied. I see that he has discovered he has the ski hatch/folding middle seat back. I think it is standard on the B9 as I've looked in the original brochure and can find no mention of it being an optional extra.

I share Ian's frustration with the seatbelt buckles being difficult to get to with it folded down. Fortunately isn't a regular occurrence.

I have it on my 2015 Sport Ultra. Very useful for carrying wood back from B&Q!

I have a feeling its standard, I was a little bummed after buying my car and thinking it had no ski hatch, only until tonight when checking out the rear armrest I discovered the release lever tucked away inside at the top of the armrest compartment. Maybe it's just me who found it hard to spot lol, but I could imagine people having it a not spotting the lever.

Had it in my 2017 Sport spec Avant and its also there on my 2021 S-Line Avant. I didn't spec it so assume it is standard.
Not sure if it's on the saloon tho?
Very useful for long stuff and still carrying 4 people.