Slamming of doors

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Can someone explain to me the need that some people have with slamming doors and boots?

Every car I've owned there has all ways been at least two people who feel the need to slam the door.
I politely mention to them that there is no need to slam the door and their response is all ways one of two
Them:=- "I'm heavy handed"
Me:=- "Your 7 stone of 5foot women"
or
Them:=- "O, did not slam it that hard".
Me:=- "THE HOLE CAR ****** SHOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Does any one else suffer from friends/family who seems to lack the ability to simply close a door with out slamming it?

yes my misses slams the boot so hard that my ear drums nearly burst , i said wtf , when she got in the car ... as usual it was my fault ...lol hahahahahahahaha

Yeah i think its just some people are used to their own cars and some need more of a slam than others!

It particularly annoys a mate of mine who has an E46 cab and the doors pull themselves in the last few mm. When you slam them the windows wobble!

Lol my wife and I will probably eventually divorce over this very issue! :tapedshut:

PS Welcome back Blazin :thumbsup:

Yup my Mrs keep slamming my door too, she's got a 5dr 1series BMW, so the doors are naturally 75% lighter, her excuse is everytime that because they're heavier she thinks they need a lot more ooomph to close..

It's always when I'm down in the garage pit and the car is up on stands that it worries me the most! I'm waiting for the day that she does it and the car gets shunted off the stand! :|

yeh my missus always slams the door maybe its a woman thing (no offence ladies) and one of the guys i car share with always slams the boot. Just because his cars **** it doesnt mean he has to abuse mine!

I've started kicking people out of my car if they keep slamming the doors and boot.
They soon stopped when they notice your not joking.

Everytime my missus slams my car door I slam the washine machine door.
Mess with my machine, I mess with yours... biatch!!

Everytime my missus slams my car door I slam the washine machine door.
Mess with my machine, I mess with yours... biatch!!

haha! class...

this is a mojor issue amongst others like not getting in the seat properly!!!! :banghead: (scraping jeans against bucket bolsters!!!)

but the door thing must mainly be a woman thing.. cause my mrs has slammed my door/boot everytime shes got out of it/closed it since i got it... and i drives me ****** crazy! it makes me want to step on her £500+ handbag or something of similar importance (to her) and see how she feels :blink:

My Mrs (i see a theme emerging here) has the same incapabilities chaps.....

Maybe we should start a Facebook group or something :laugh:

haha! class...

this is a mojor issue amongst others like not getting in the seat properly!!!! :banghead: (scraping jeans against bucket bolsters!!!)

but the door thing must mainly be a woman thing.. cause my mrs has slammed my door/boot everytime shes got out of it/closed it since i got it... and i drives me ****** crazy! it makes me want to step on her £500+ handbag or something of similar importance (to her) and see how she feels :blink:

The worst about buying a 2nd hand car after a woman has owned it , Is all the dint's and chips in the top of the lower back bumper ...

You know slam's boot shut with a big bunch of keys in hand , and hand and keys follow boot to bumper till it the keys crash into the bumper , for a reason im still yet to figure out ...

And theres fecking 20 keyrings and 40 keys on it ....!! good bye painwork after a few shopping trips ...lmao

Sorry Audi women ....:Flush:

Last edited:
I threatened to slam my cousin's head in the door if they carried on doing it.

I then I told them I was joking but would, in all seriousness, not pick them up from school if they miss the bus again.
Lesson learned.

So you should b sorry to us. were not all the same and i understand the feeling of doors being slammed etc..... I would not dream of doing it
I must say noone real looks and treats your car like you would yourself
The worst about buying a 2nd hand car after a woman has owned it , Is all the dint's and chips in the top of the lower back bumper ...

You know slam's boot shut with a big bunch of keys in hand , and hand and keys follow boot to bumper till it the keys crash into the bumper , for a reason im still yet to figure out ...

And theres fecking 20 keyrings and 40 keys on it ....!! good bye painwork after a few shopping trips ...lmao

Sorry Audi women ....:Flush:

My ex always used to slam the doors and boot. I used to make a comment of "Do you want to make sure that's shut" or something but then the mardy bitch would have a go at me and I was apparently the unreasonable one. My new lady is very careful and considerate so happy days :)