Approve ??

• YES

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

TerryA

Reaction score
Just entered Audi ownership from an A200 Mercedes and went for the A4 Avant (black edition) as needed something a bit bigger for load space. Wow sooo pleased made the move !!!

Always try to make my cars look a bit different so have added a bit of colour to the alloys to make them stand out - calipers and disc plates to do and yes I know car needs a clean :iagree:

View attachment 68693
IMG 0739
IMG 0740

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop.
Probably budget brand ditch finders , the money has been spent on the stickers and valve caps .

Reactions: Tfsi gone and V6 Quatt
Mornings Al , I cry when people have a great car and skimp on the components that are the only contact with the tarmac .

If I was OP I'd put some stickers on the tyres saying either Michelin , Dunlop or Goodyear.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I like the black centre caps mate very nice touch
Considering doing IT on my white a4 now hmmmmm...

as above were on the fronts when I got them so were probably replaced on a tyre insurance claim by previous owner and will be changing them. If this is the response I can expect to posts won't be bothering from now on - the question I asked was about the alloys - bye bye !!!!

@TerryA Imo I am not a massive fan of fan of the centre caps but everyone is different and the world would be a boring place if everyone was the same! Nice motor too mate

Reactions: Garry Houseman
Wheel stickers? No from me

A4 Avant looks great buddy :thumbs up:

Do't take the comments to seriously @TerryA - I'm sure they were a little tongue in cheek

You could get valve caps to match the centres; chrome caps with black end would work well. EBay has them in plenty!

I kinda like the 4 ring decal from the ? 80s that is put on the lower sill edge of the back doors. Don't think I'd do it but I kind of like it.

Not sure about the wing mirror ones, and lose the gold caps, otherwise not bad. Saw an S3 at the weekend with Quattro badges on the wheels which looked ok actually.
I'd ignore the tyre comments above...if you'd spend a few hundred quid on mods then I'd agree..

I think terry is ****** off which I don't blame him the post is about his wheels not his tyres, some can be a tad blunt on here

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chop., Buxton2901 and Garry Houseman
I think the black centers look good,but the sticker isn't in keeping with the wing badges.Maybe if they were black they would be better

as above were on the fronts when I got them so were probably replaced on a tyre insurance claim by previous owner and will be changing them. If this is the response I can expect to posts won't be bothering from now on - the question I asked was about the alloys - bye bye !!!!
you do get some strange replies on here, but don't let them bother you. one or two of them are a little childish in there replies. Nice car!

Reactions: Chop. and Lannerz27
Don't forget too, that sometimes things get a bit "lost in translation". You can write something down and mean one thing, but to other people it can look different. Then there is the Oh %$#^$ I've posted it scenario. (On second thoughts, I was, oh #@%$ it's done.)

Reactions: Chop. and Tolak
Don't forget too, that sometimes things get a bit "lost in translation". You can write something down and mean one thing, but to other people it can look different. Then there is the Oh %$#^$ I've posted it scenario. (On second thoughts, I was, oh #@%$ it's done.)
Yeah but imo that was harsh to do say something when only new to the site as time goes on a little banter is good

Some people are more people-centric; I seem not to be in that mould, since I have less than 10% like/post ratio.
You guys have much better ratios, which shows your caring side.

(and now, to show why I have such a poor ratio...)
For me, stickers are a bit like tyre writing; painting the brand/size on the tyres suits in some places.
But (again, for me), the Audi brand is enough, so I tend to debadge size/technology, and just leave the brand.
I suppose if I had an R8, it might be different, but even then, who has time to read the badges.

But I also know that when I do a modification that makes the car more "mine", I can be a chuffed as nuts (please excuse the technical term), and it is your own satisfaction that matters.
I do admire the job; very nicely done.
But I still think I would match the centres to the valve caps!
:rolleyes:
Anon

Some people are more people-centric; I seem not to be in that mould, since I have less than 10% like/post ratio.

For me, stickers are a bit like tyre writing; painting the brand/size on the tyres suits in some places.
But (again, for me), the Audi brand is enough, so I tend to debadge size/technology, and just leave the brand.
I suppose if I had an R8, it might be different, but even then, who has time to read the badges.

But I also know that when I do a modification that makes the car more "mine", I can be a chuffed as nuts (please excuse the technical term), and it is your own satisfaction that matters.
Anon
I agree everyone does there own thing or it would be a boring place at the end of it , put there are some things that are tasteful and some look crap and I agree with the since if u do it for u and not everyone else if your happy that's what matters

Reactions: Chop.

Anon
Nicely put!

i do love a sticker, i think they need to be black though same as the mirror, i would have put the mirror stickers lower just above the black to the left a bit maby

its your car though and if you like it forget everyone else, its nice to see new ideas tried out, i have a square number plate so iv had plent comments like this but its still there, people that have to take the **** out of other people to get a laugh are not worth worrying about, this is a good site with decent folk so dont let it put you off

Not sure if the OP is reading this or whether he has gone off on one, but my 2p worth.
The large alloys are a feature on the car that people will look at. Regardless of the stickers I would just be looking at the rusty brake caliper.
What color are you going to paint the calipers then ?.
Red to match the car, Black or maybe Gold to match the tyre cap which currently doesn't match anything at all.
As regards the tyres the Sunitrac look to be fairly dangerous.I would replace them ASAP.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2014-Auto-Bild-50-Summer-Tyre-Shootout.htm

They came 49th out of 50 in this tyre test.

Have a look at Tyreleader.co.uk

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-3/255-35-r19-96y-187772

Not sure if the OP is reading this or whether he has gone off on one, but my 2p worth.
The large alloys are a feature on the car that people will look at. Regardless of the stickers I would just be looking at the rusty brake caliper.
What color are you going to paint the calipers then ?.
Red to match the car, Black or maybe Gold to match the tyre cap which currently doesn't match anything at all.
As regards the tyres the Sunitrac look to be fairly dangerous.I would replace them ASAP.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2014-Auto-Bild-50-Summer-Tyre-Shootout.htm

They came 49th out of 50 in this tyre test.

Have a look at Tyreleader.co.uk

https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/uniroyal/rainsport-3/255-35-r19-96y-187772
It could be said that the CS3 didn't even make the cut, so the Sunitrac might be better than that?

If you post a picture up, people will post comments on what they see in the picture regardless of what your asking, there is no need to chuck the toys out the pram, you will find a lot of help here. If you post the picture up on other forums people will probably ask the same sort of question or give similar comments!