Slow glove box.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Hi.

My glove box is opening really really slowly lately and I don't won't to force it as it's really stiff and don't want to break the hinge. The damper arm is only 18months old (replaced with the glove box lid), is there any way to free it off? I've tried lubricating it but it only works for a short time.

Here's a vid of how slow it is.

Slow A4 glove box - YouTube

Mines fast in the summer and very slow in the winter. Even after several attempt of greasing with silicon and white lithium. It worked for couple of days and then back to same issue. I think you may need new damper.

Some people drill a very small hole in the damper to make it a bit less erm..... Dampy

Reactions: hendry10
the damper was brand new with the glove box lid. I drilled a hole in the end this afternoon and now it pretty much doesn't work lol. At least it opens faster now, pretty much supersonic LOL.

I couldn't help but LOL at the video sorry! Send the arm back to the supplier or is it too late?

I couldn't help but LOL at the video sorry! Send the arm back to the supplier or is it too late?

Did you like the music LOL. The damper is a couple of years old now so no chance of sending it back. Think they are £24 from Audi :wtf:

Haha yes it made for easy watching! £24 for a little damping arm! Is the one you fitted genuine?

i was going to say just be happy it opens and closes with out falling on the floor like most do lol

Yeah to be fair mines jammed half the time so I'll happily swap for a slow one.

Haha yes it made for easy watching! £24 for a little damping arm! Is the one you fitted genuine?

Yes it was a genuine one, seems to be a poor design and never updated. Think this is the main reason for so many broken glove box hinges. People tend to force the glove box open and break the hinge on that side.