Smelly man at the gym

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
:motz: :fart: God this man smells. Its been bugging me for months.I know its a gym and people are gonna sweat..but this guy stinks too damn much. If he is on the streching mats the whole area stinks...You literally smell him before you see him.
He is one those guys who trains really vigourously which is fine, but this guy does it in a jumper...today was the first time ive seen him in a different jumper and he still stank like he had never used deodorant in his life
rant over

ChriS3 said:
Next time you see him, walk up to him holding your nose and ask him to wipe down the equipment once he's finished.

Just make sure he's not bigger than you before you do that !!

I know how you feel silver75, we've got a real stinker too at our gym. Nobody knows his name - they just know him as 'stinky' (like the 'stig' I suppose!). I'm lucky enough that he always goes at the same times so I'm smart enough to dodge him now :haha:

SteveS said:
bombard him with lynx. if he's bigger than you spray it in his eyes first.

Nooo, you can't do that!, he'd be bombarded with laydees!! :sadlike: Spray yourself with twice the amount of Lynx, and hope it overwhelms the smelly one...

... might put Nadia off though, I meane she originally was a he lol. :tapedshut:

the guy is about the same height and weight as me but I think is a relative newbie at my gym... seems a nice enough guy, somehow looks "slow" why else would you dress like that to go to the gym :think:

C_Audiboy said:
He probably thinks hes some sort of commando and sees this as a way of generating more body heat - hence burning more fat?

So he's a stinkin idiot that's doing nothing more than dehydrating himself? It's like the people that used to wrap themselves in black-bags and go running. It's really bad for you.

just shout across the gym "hey pongo, you smell like a pole cat. Heard of Persil?"

silver75 said:
the guy is about the same height and weight as me but I think is a relative newbie at my gym... seems a nice enough guy, somehow looks "slow" why else would you dress like that to go to the gym :think:

I wear sweat pants down the gym and i've got far more muscular legs than most of the mugs that walk round in their skimpy little marathon shorts, just my choice.

Wouldn't wear a jumper though....:huh:

He probably wears his to cover up his nasty prison tats from when he did 8 years of bird for torturing to death the last person that commented on his personal hygiene. Or lack of it.....

Thing is see how would you tell him that he stinks? There's a guy in my office he stinks big time! nobody's got the guts to tell him - he's a really tidy guy, but just smells awful, maybe he's lost his sense of smell... it happens right?

One of the lorry drivers at work has this odourous problem. Think he got the hint when I lifted my arm and sprayed the deodorant 'the wrong way' (ie at him).

Actually, I haven't seen him since!

A4Quattro said:
just shout across the gym "hey pongo, you smell like a pole cat. Heard of Persil?"
Subtle

LOL, we have 1 smelly fooker as well i swear i hate when he comes to the weights area feel like puking allot of ppl have complaint hope he has left! also other day the showers are separte cubicals thank god but sum guy has a **** in the showers it ****** stinks. now i just come home insted. i swear sum ppl have no shame or hygine

Name and shame the Gym silver.

I used to work with a guy that had an odour problem. We left a bottle of shower gel and some deodorant on his desk with a note, we put in a bag so he didn't feel overly embarrassed. "Really sorry, not sure how to broach this but could you please try using these products. Thanks."

My idea was a lot more subtle but apperently it's not the "done thing" in these namby pamby times...

Seemed to do the trick.

J.

I really don`t miss going to the gym. I too found annoying ppl there. Some guys just stand around talking getting in the way of others who might actually be there to use the machines
There was also this really annoying yob with a skinhead, must have been in his lates 30`s. He used to burb really loud and just make annoying noises..

As for the man who wreaks, spray a can of de-odourant in his eyes!