Snap....Crackle....Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiannu

Reaction score
I have a 2016 S3 and have quite a few mods on it..... I did see some people with same and even the 8p models have similar exhaust tone/note as the RS3 as well as sounding like the CLA45 with the snap/crackle/pops. Now my question is How do I get that onto my car? I heard some small time tuners can and also maybe VCDS? Any information on this would be great! If so, will this harm my engine or system?

You ain't ever getting the S3 to sound like the RS3 even with exhaust flap mods sorry.

Reactions: Jassyo06
You ain't ever getting the S3 to sound like the RS3 even with exhaust flap mods sorry.

Maybe the Internet is broken but I'm sure my ears are not. I heard what I heard and it was NOT a rs3

I have a 2016 S3 and have quite a few mods on it..... I did see some people with same and even the 8p models have similar exhaust tone/note as the RS3 as well as sounding like the CLA45 with the snap/crackle/pops. Now my question is How do I get that onto my car? I heard some small time tuners can and also maybe VCDS? Any information on this would be great! If so, will this harm my engine or system?
VCDS is not going to make this happen. You are gonna need to look in to getting to ECU custom tuned, and then possibly an after market exhaust and other engine hardware mods.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Maybe the Internet is broken but I'm sure my ears are not. I heard what I heard and it was NOT a rs3

You've said you've heard S3's sounding like RS3's? maybe your ears are broke after all. I've not heard an S3 8v sound anything like an RS3 even with after market exhausts, the new facelift has a few more pops and crackles but is way off the sound of an RS3 even when aftermarket exhausts are added

I think you are referring to a "crackle" map which maps in pops and crackles, they don't sound as good and they are forced and constant and get very annoying after long, I live next to puma speed and they released a crackle map so every chav and his fiesta is crackling near me haha

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, AudiNutta and 5 others
I really don't understand why anyone would want a car that a loud noise coming from the engine/exhaust

In my opinion it sounds really nasty and i cant help but laugh at anyone who passes with there car screaming at me lol

But each to their own as they say

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, Richierich37 and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
HAHAHA!!! :wtf: it has the correct description..... sounds like a popcorn maker lol

I honestly dont understand it, not like it makes it go faster

Reactions: richinsoton and Jassyo06
HAHAHA!!! :wtf: it has the correct description..... sounds like a popcorn maker lol

Lol......At least you will hear it coming...

Reactions: Jassyo06
I really don't understand why anyone would want a car that a loud noise coming from the engine/exhaust

In my opinion it sounds really nasty and i cant help but laugh at anyone who passes with there car screaming at me lol

But each to their own as they say

I don't understand why you don't understand....oh wait....after looking at your sig I see that you have an A3.....that is the problem.....lol....

go on....putt...putt....along....

there is no 'popcorn' emoji
:hopelessness: I think the OP may have bought the wrong car :end of discction:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
I don't understand why you don't understand....oh wait....after looking at your sig I see that you have an A3.....that is the problem.....lol....

I dont know whats more funny........ the fact that u think i would want something that screams along the road as u drive it or the fact that you think ill be offended by your comment :blow: . But rest assured, if i wanted something louder and faster....... i would have it.

Reactions: richinsoton, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others

Play nice.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, zippster and 2 others
I dont know whats more funny........ the fact that u think i would want something that screams along the road as u drive it or the fact that you think ill be offended by your comment :blow: . But rest assured, if i wanted something louder and faster....... i would have it.

The fact that you responded and quoted me then YES you are offended.....lol. The fact that I THINK you would want something the screams...Hell I don't even know you, and with your stupid childish comments...I sure don't want to either.... just plz don't bother me as you have no idea who I am and that gives you no right to comment on what I am looking for or asking for.

I plz ask the moderators to close this thread

The fact that you responded and quoted me then YES you are offended.....lol. The fact that I THINK you would want something the screams...Hell I don't even know you, and with your stupid childish comments...I sure don't want to either.... just plz don't bother me as you have no idea who I am and that gives you no right to comment on what I am looking for or asking for.

I plz ask the moderators to close this thread
I said play nice...

Thread is locked.

Reactions: richinsoton, pburv, Karen O' and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.