Snapped key Emergency

SDO

Reaction score
Last night i snapped my key luckly not in the car just in my pocket. went home to get my spare and which i'm guessing is my master key. My spare key had a flat battery so swapped the blade with the broken one. But still didn't work. It's starts but then the immoberliser kicked in so tried the master key and it does the same.

So why doesn't my master key work. any help would be great

cheers

So you snapped your plastic emergency key ?
how many keys do you have and are they all programmed ?

i've got 2 flip keys and 1 spare non flip key which i thought was a master key.

1 flip key battery had gone the others should be fine

Have you ever used the other keys ?,

go and get a plastic temp key from audi £30 .

the key needs to be programmed to the fob if the chip is not programmed it wont work

When you swapped the blade over, did you swap the blade + the top half of the key fob, or just the blade itself by removing the small pin?

The master keys are actually the two flip keys. The key with the spanner symbol is just a service key, ie. it only fits the doors and ignition. Should have a plastic key too which is the spare.

Should be a simple case of reprogramming all your keys to the immobiliser. Sounds like a single key has been programmed in the past and the others not or old keys not erased from immobiliser's memory.

Used the 2 flip keys before but battery went in one over a year ago so not used that in ages. We swapped the blade and the top half of the key not just the blade

Its the top half of the key that holds the Immobiliser chip.

Cheers for all the help and quick replies.

Well managed to get the car home with the old key and some pliers, as it's not the blade thats snapped it's the other part. now can't get the car into audi till in the week. looking to get a new key from of ebay does the new 3 button key's work or do i have to have the same type.

Hi ,

i want a new key aswell but rung audi and they quoted £130 for key and £55 for programming . I have heard people buying them of ebay and then trying to get them coded it doesnt work as they dont have the chip or they just dont code !!

You can program your own keys with vag-com and the security code for the immobiliser, if are lucky enough to have the plastic tag that came with the keys. The code is under the black scratch off panel.

I don't have VAG-com unfortunaltey, is there anywhere else to get the kys other then audi

So how easy is it to do it from vagcom ?

or whats the best thing to do as audi is a ripp off

You can program your own keys with vag-com and the security code for the immobiliser, if are lucky enough to have the plastic tag that came with the keys. The code is under the black scratch off panel.