Snow foam

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
What's the benefits of snow foaming your car instead of regular washing?

I'm thinking of getting a pressure washer and just wondering whether to go the whole way and get a snow foam kit.

Is it better than mitt and soapy bucket of water?
Does it strip the car of its protective waxes too prematurely?
Does it help to minimise swirling?
Is it a weekly routine, or once every couple of months like waxing?

Again, any advice much appreciated :happy:

The Snow foam will help to breakdown/lift the dirt.. You will still have to wash you car. You can buy PH neutral snow foam that will not lift any wax. Yu do not have to use it every week.. It's a Pre-wash product..

DSCF0854.jpg

Snow Foam at work / lifting the Dirt.

DSCF0858.jpg

The Snow foam will help to breakdown/lift the dirt.. You will still have to wash you car. You can buy PH neutral snow foam that will not lift any wax. Yu do not have to use it every week.. It's a Pre-wash product..

So what are the benefits of using snow foam, if I still have to wash the car afterwards?

it lifts the dirt, then jet wash it... then hand wash it. in doing this your not rubbing the grime back onto the paintwork therefore not causing any light scratches. thats one reason i can think off.

it lifts the dirt, then jet wash it... then hand wash it. in doing this your not rubbing the grime back onto the paintwork therefore not causing any light scratches. .

What he said..

its all about getting the car as clean as you can before you even put your hands on the panel to minimise damage made to the paint work

we go through a 4 stage pre wash before we even get onto the panels.

i hope your usuing 2 buckets by the way mate and not fairy liquid either lol

its all about getting the car as clean as you can before you even put your hands on the panel to minimise damage made to the paint work

we go through a 4 stage pre wash before we even get onto the panels.

Haha yeah got all that covered. I've detailed my cars quite a few times using clay & polishers etc but there's just a couple of things that are new to me.

Ha ha, I remember asking you if you had a sponge I could borrow at Audi Driver International 2 years ago. Wow, that 1 question opened up a whole world of detailing I never knew existed. And now I'm obsessed with it!