Snow Foam

Jon Roach

Reaction score
ok guys, finally got round to using my Karcher I got for Xmas and now looking to get foam bottle attachment.

What snow foam fluid do folks recommend?

Cheers Jon

ok guys, finally got round to using my Karcher I got for Xmas and now looking to get foam bottle attachment.

What snow foam fluid do folks recommend?

Cheers Jon
I agree with above i had the Autobrite HD foam lance and Magifoam combo 5ltr for Xmas, it's brilliant, lance and the foam. I use mine on a Karcher K4, works great, its in the sale at the moment so a bargain.

Reactions: batch
Auto Brite has been faultless for me....highly recommend it.

As above, AutoBrite.
Top quality lance and great foam.
Worth the extra ca$hy.

I've got the i6 Automotive one off eBay mate, very pleased with it. Exactly the same as the Autobrite at half the price.

Reactions: Jon Roach
Thanks guys, actually bought myself the cheapo karcher foam lance for £12 to give it a blast........ Sounds like Magifoam is the foam to go so ordered myself a litre to give it a go.....

Cheers

I originally bought a cheap (£15) one from eBay which seemed quite good. Then I used my friends AutoBrite one and was shocked at how better it spread the foam and how thicker the foam was (both using Ultimate Finish Snow Foam). Went straight online and bought one.
I've since bought the AutoBrite MagiFoam which is great, slightly better than the UF stuff IMO.

Reactions: Peter Metcalf and BarryG79
I originally bought a cheap (£15) one from eBay which seemed quite good. Then I used my friends AutoBrite one and was shocked at how better it spread the foam and how thicker the foam was (both using Ultimate Finish Snow Foam). Went straight online and bought one.
I've since bought the AutoBrite MagiFoam which is great, slightly better than the UF stuff IMO.

Cheers, after buying some magifoam I've now seen would of been as cheap to buy the lance / foam combo as opposed cheapy karcher lance separate to foam....

Oh well I'll give it a go

I've got an Autobrite one, it's great except that it leaks if not stored/held upright

their customer service isn't great though, when i bought it i had a Black and Decker PW, and had to source my own fitting as they couldn't - their solution was for me to buy a new PW!

I've since changed PWs and changed the fitting myself

Started with that and I'm afraid it just ain't as good as the real thing. I ebayed it and got the real one. :)

Reactions: Keef
Hi folks, update......

So tried out my cheapo Karcher lance with some AB Magifoam and have to say I'm impressed.... first lance/foam I have owned.

Thick foam, lasted for ages before starting to run off, need to have a play with lance settings & foam/water mix ratio.

Question though, how long do you all leave before rinsing?

Cheers,
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_0640.JPG
    IMG_0640.JPG
    740.4 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: Bristle Hound
i usually wait about 10 minutes, gives me time to get buckets ready and have a brew

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood and SPIKE_
you can't really leave it too long, i'd had an emergency mid wash and actually let it dry, doesn't cause any damage - you just need to leave it long enough to work

Cheers guys... spray then brew, loving that method

On a dry car is best too...........

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I am probably doing it wrong then :tearsofjoy: although I have the attachment that connects to the lance.I am using valet pro foam and have mixed as per the instructions but it is like p..s and no cling to the car whatsoever.

Demon Shine Snowfoam. Cheap, and very effective.

Karcher K7 and an eBay foam attachment :racer:

SnowFoamed

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Ollie2014
I've just ordered the autobrite foam lance and some Magnifoam, can't wait to receive it, can I ask what ratio you guys mix it for best results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just ordered the autobrite foam lance and some Magnifoam, can't wait to receive it, can I ask what ratio you guys mix it for best results

About an inch of pink stuff the rest warm water, what ever ratio that is lol

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
i prefer to rinse first, get rid of as much as possible before foaming, if your foam is thick enough it won't run off, and you want it to dwell anyway rather than sit on the car

Reactions: SRB93
DO NOT wet the car first, put the snow foam onto a dry car, won't run off and works its magic on the grime.
Second this. Only started doing it this way a few months back, but very happy with the results.