Snub mount for a4!!!

lcfc-uk

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a snub mount from in the UK other than online and the main stealers...
Cheers.

From memory the genuine snub mount isn't too expensive I'm sure around the £20 mark when I had mine fitted along with new engine mounts. Can't find out for sure as my invoice doesn't list parts and labour separately

In same situation mate. Just going to order one from awesomegti, going to buy the apr one as it seems to get good reviews.

For the price you may as well buy a uprated one.

For the price you may as well buy a uprated one.
Not wanting this to sound like sarcasm but there's no other way to ask the question really. You'll just have to take my word this isn't me trolling.

Assuming by upgraded you mean stiffer, what does an upgraded one bring to the car other than the likelihood of more cabin vibration / noise?

nope, sounds like a fair and straight forward question steve , i'd like to know aswell frankly as there does appear to be some price disparity with these mounts.

No that's fine mate, fair question.

From what I've been reading it helps to reduce drivetrain slop and transfers the power to the road due to the reduced movement, also helps with gear shifts.

yes , but what more do the third party mounts do that makes them an upgrade to the oem unit , or is it just paying for a brand again.

Not wanting this to sound like sarcasm but there's no other way to ask the question really. You'll just have to take my word this isn't me trolling.

Assuming by upgraded you mean stiffer, what does an upgraded one bring to the car other than the likelihood of more cabin vibration / noise?

Longevity and less lift on acceleration/breaking, never seen a 1.9tdi/2.0tdi mount last more than 5 years on a car. S4/2.5tdi/3.0tdi is the way to go, get lots of soap and elbow grease as they're a tight fit unless you get the original which you'll be replacing again in a few years (presuming you don't have a larger engine in the car... although if you do I doubt it needs replacing).

yes , but what more do the third party mounts do that makes them an upgrade to the oem unit , or is it just paying for a brand again.

Can't see much point in third party upgrades unless the car is only being used for the track in which case you also want a decent set of coilovers, solid side mounts, bushings, solid gearbox mounts, earplugs for the horrible noise and a harness to save you shaking out of your seat.

For the record mine's a 1.9tdi with a 2.5tdi snub mount and RS4 solid side's (original sensor cable tied back), gives a bit of a "race car" shake which I quite like and will never need any of this replacing.

Last edited:
The uprated ones are poly so will be stiffer so will allow less movement which in turn will improve gear shifting and reducing drivetrain losses as I've said, they will also outlast the oem ones, from what I've seen the oem ones area till softish even when new.

Guessing you've only felt snub mounts for smaller engine's! 2.5tdi/3.0tdi/S4 one's are far from soft! Can get them for next to nothing from Euro Car Parts, aprox £10 for rubber that feels like it could stop a bullet.

Longevity and less lift on acceleration/breaking, never seen a 1.9tdi/2.0tdi mount last more than 5 years on a car. S4/2.5tdi/3.0tdi is the way to go, get lots of soap and elbow grease as they're a tight fit unless you get the original which you'll be replacing again in a few years (presuming you don't have a larger engine in the car... although if you do I doubt it needs replacing).

Mine lasted 8 1/2 years and 85k 2.0 tdi

Edit: sorry bad manners from me there, thanks for explanation

Last edited:
No that's fine mate, fair question.

From what I've been reading it helps to reduce drivetrain slop and transfers the power to the road due to the reduced movement, also helps with gear shifts.
Makes perfect sense now it's been explained

Reactions: Dani_B19
I have an ECS one for my 2.0TFSI. It's polyurethane. My parents were in America at the time so I ordered it with some other bits and pieces.

Did I notice any difference from my tired old original elastomer snub mount? Honestly... No. If I did it was absolutely minimal.

What's the symptoms of the snub mount gone? I can see some movement around mine

What's the symptoms of the snub mount gone? I can see some movement around mine
It's supposed to have some movement as far as I'm aware.

Post a pick up so someone who knows can advise you

Reactions: francie
Sorry to re open this thread was just looking at some snubs I like the look of this square cheap one anyone tried?

I looked into the APR one but still haven't bought it yet. Not sure how much better the 034 one is over the APR is though.

Not sure what the crack is with the square one like.

It's actually a square hole though I think so a round one will still roll about maybe? Not really sure about them I just like buying little random bits like this :tearsofjoy:

anyone know the approx. life span (years or miles) of this part, also any possible impending failure signs.

rob

It's actually a square hole though I think so a round one will still roll about maybe? Not really sure about them I just like buying little random bits like this :tearsofjoy:
Haha, I'm totally the same mate.

From what I can gather rob it's around the 100k mark.

I just went to TPS and got a genuine one, it was £4 more then Euro Car Parts wanted . .

Iv just ordered that red square one il keep you posted :coldsweat: lol

My APR one needs to be adjusted every few months as it's wearing away at the top.....so I've gotten an OEM one of a V6
#8D0199339E

Gazwould was on about it HERE and for the sake of £13 compared to the silly amount I paid for the APR one I'm prepared to take the risk as the APR one hasn't been on a year yet.

My APR one needs to be adjusted every few months as it's wearing away at the top.....so I've gotten an OEM one of a V6
#8D0199339E

Gazwould was on about it HERE and for the sake of £13 compared to the silly amount I paid for the APR one I'm prepared to take the risk as the APR one hasn't been on a year yet.

Just had a look on their the part the snub mount goes into is a totally different shape to the round snubs isn't it I hope the square one Iv ordered isn't too brutal :dizzy:

Wonder why it's doing that then!

I thinks it's just because at the end of the day it's basically for a petrol and not a diesel that idles a little lumpier.

Just had a look on their the part the snub mount goes into is a totally different shape to the round snubs isn't it I hope the square one Iv ordered isn't too brutal :dizzy:

If it's the one I'm thinking of James you have to shave the corners down a little from what I've read.

Iv fitted the snub mount worth a tiny bit of trimming on all four corners..... It's rough as #%*# on idle now :tearsofjoy: Feels good driving but the idle is awful I wonder if it's only meant for petrol engines not our trusty old :tractor:

Reactions: carlcall
Iv fitted the snub mount worth a tiny bit of trimming on all four corners..... It's rough as #%*# on idle now :tearsofjoy: Feels good driving but the idle is awful I wonder if it's only meant for petrol engines not our trusty old :tractor:

You could be right James with it just being for petrols.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'll put a new stock one back in :unamused: its a shame because it's only on idle feels nice and solid otherwise

I won't be putting my new rubber one in for a few weeks yet so I won't be able to say how it feels until then, but it's got to be better than the standard one and better than the bone rattler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy enough to do pal? Still need to do mine, bet mines crumbled to bits haha.

Yeah Iv got a pit in my garage so no time at all only 3 nuts and 3 bolts but if you don't have this really tight one you probably only need to take the snub off the sump so only 3 bolts