So gutted!

Marzy

New Member
Had a driver pull out of a driveway as I was going past! Knocked my wheel into the body so needed it to be recovered, front wing and been pushed back so I can’t open the passenger door. But thankfully everyone was okay!
Just going to have to see how long the back log is on new parts
 

Attachments

  • F5526320-7E42-4BCD-83E5-64643AC4FF75.jpeg
    F5526320-7E42-4BCD-83E5-64643AC4FF75.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 159
  • 2AEC277C-14F7-4C4D-8192-0B4E7EC1CCD9.jpeg
    2AEC277C-14F7-4C4D-8192-0B4E7EC1CCD9.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 153
  • FFFF159B-22FF-4EFF-B04A-4EFA7D71A31F.jpeg
    FFFF159B-22FF-4EFF-B04A-4EFA7D71A31F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154

Ludus

Active Member
Damn, I'd be gutted... Are Audi doing the repair? Hopefully it's not too long of a wait.
 

KXL

Active Member
Oh dear, hope the other drive was apologetic and willingly swapped insurance deatils (and ok of course)? Always wondered, does one just take down reg numbers and Insurance policies? At least now my car has a dash cam these days :).
 

Marzy

New Member
Ouch, glad you're okay.

There's quite a few bits on eBay from a white car might be worth a look.

I'm waiting on the plastic window trim and it's been over a month!
Thank you, it’s already been taken in to a specialist garage through the insurance as I was able to drive it! But yeah I’ve been told it’s going to be a while to get the parts.
It needs a new headlight, front bumper, wing, alloy, tyre, suspension and drivetrain! Guess I’m pretty lucky they didn’t write it off as it seems like I’d be having a long wait for a new one!
Damn, I'd be gutted... Are Audi doing the repair? Hopefully it's not too long of a wait.
It’s going to a garage called Solus which use Audi parts, but yeah I’ve been told it’ll be a few months probably. So I’ll be driving the 21 plate 4 series for a while it seems!
Oh dear, hope the other drive was apologetic and willingly swapped insurance deatils (and ok of course)? Always wondered, does one just take down reg numbers and Insurance policies? At least now my car has a dash cam these days :).
Yeah I was super lucky with the guy, he couldn’t have been anymore apologetic and he has already admitted full liability. But yeah just exchanged names, addresses, phone numbers and Reg plates. But just remember to take plenty of pictures of everything, if you are unfortunately involved in something! A dash cam is a good thing to have, I’m going to get one based on the nightmare stories colleagues as work have had recently!
 

KXL

Active Member
Yeah I was super lucky with the guy, he couldn’t have been anymore apologetic and he has already admitted full liability. But yeah just exchanged names, addresses, phone numbers and Reg plates. But just remember to take plenty of pictures of everything, if you are unfortunately involved in something! A dash cam is a good thing to have, I’m going to get one based on the nightmare stories colleagues as work have had recently!
Maybe he wanted another car to replace the old Ford Fiesta / Citroen Saxo in the background there? Being a first time dash cam owner, was worried at first on installing it was quite straight forward to run the wire down the head lining across the A pillar and door seals onto the 12v socket. Parking mode even works, any movement (even strong gust of wind) and it records!
 

JohnM100

Registered User
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Feel for you - especially with a new car - part annoyance, part grief for the impending pain to fix it.

Headlight and ‘drivetrain’ (whatever they mean by that) are going to be expensive, and that’s before bodywork.

Dash cams are almost a necessity these days, but not perfect.

Anyone involved should try and get a pic of the other car chassis number at the bottom of the windscreen too. >90% of people are genuine but helps in case of the other 10%.

Also a quick check on DVLA / askMID websites for tax (& MOT if applicable) and insurance.

Like others, I was wondering Saxo or maybe older Peugeot (didn’t think Fiesta) - what was it? I suspect that’s a write off.
 

Marzy

New Member
Maybe he wanted another car to replace the old Ford Fiesta / Citroen Saxo in the background there? Being a first time dash cam owner, was worried at first on installing it was quite straight forward to run the wire down the head lining across the A pillar and door seals onto the 12v socket. Parking mode even works, any movement (even strong gust of wind) and it records!
Ahaha yeah maybe that’s what he was wanting, it was an old Ford Fiesta!
Oh really that’s sounds like a good one that! What was the brand/model if you don’t mind? I think I’ll have a look into that.
 

Marzy

New Member
Feel for you - especially with a new car - part annoyance, part grief for the impending pain to fix it.

Headlight and ‘drivetrain’ (whatever they mean by that) are going to be expensive, and that’s before bodywork.

Dash cams are almost a necessity these days, but not perfect.

Anyone involved should try and get a pic of the other car chassis number at the bottom of the windscreen too. >90% of people are genuine but helps in case of the other 10%.

Also a quick check on DVLA / askMID websites for tax (& MOT if applicable) and insurance.

Like others, I was wondering Saxo or maybe older Peugeot (didn’t think Fiesta) - what was it? I suspect that’s a write off.
Sorry I meant driveshaft not drive train! But yeah it is annoying, I’m going to be waiting a good while for it to be fixed! At least I’ve been given a good car for the time being!
I’ll keep that in mind about the chassis number, I never thought about that! I was very lucky the guy was genuine!
It was a Ford Fiesta, I would be very shocked if it wasn’t a write off, in terms of his damage I believe it’s headlight, wing and bumper, I’m not sure about the bonnet it could have just been push up by the headlight like mine.
 

Attachments

  • F1F6805D-0B1A-42CA-ADC8-48EECC4EC8AD.jpeg
    F1F6805D-0B1A-42CA-ADC8-48EECC4EC8AD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

KXL

Active Member
Ahaha yeah maybe that’s what he was wanting, it was an old Ford Fiesta!
Oh really that’s sounds like a good one that! What was the brand/model if you don’t mind? I think I’ll have a look into that.
I'm assuming you are wondering which dash cam? Mine was a next base 322GW paired with a integral 128GB u3 memory card. I decided to go midrange (originally just thinking entry level one) dashcam as this has ability to add a (bolt on) rear view camera as well. I may get the bolt on at a later time. You will laugh but the main reason I got the dash cam is that the person parked next to me at my home has some 'beef' with my landlord (parking space wise). And did ding my door several times, I suspect on purpose or thought it was my landlords car. I've now put my dash came there parking facing outwards and my door is still in pristine condition.
 
Top