So, I decided to put my new alloy into a kerb

9 below zero

Reaction score
I've gritted the road outside my house for the past three weeks looking like the guy off of Home Alone. But yesterday i put my new audi alloy face on into the kerb circa 20mph. But my pride took the most impact. The better half was sitting beside me and saying "slow down it's icy" i said, "no it's fi..*BANG*

Now theres a slight whurring noise coming from the nearside and my power steering has developed a new clicking noise right hand down. But the car is driving true.

But on the bright side, i've shaved a few grams off the alloy.

I would take a peak underneath. even at 20 mph there is a fair amount of kinetic energy involved to stop a 1500KG car dead,something has to give.

It sounds like maybe you have damaged a cv joint for a noise to be there while driving and under steering.

JCB bent an upright/subframe at only a few MPH iirc

****. Feel for you mate. I bet you got 'I told you to slow down' as well to add insult to injury. I had that with a speed camera - loads of them and she kept telling me when she saw them, so I told her to shut up. She did. I got done by one about a mile down the road as punishment.

And have never lived it down. :(

yup, i'll never live it down. In her eyes she is now the superior driver even though she's never put a car in reverse.

I took it to a garage today and before he even looked at it he told me to get two new pinch bolts. Luckily I want it lowered so i might kill two birds with one stone, well three birds if she says "I told you so" again.

Where can i get these hold of these pinch bolts online?