SO I LIKE AUDI (2010/13 )ROTORS, MTEC DRILLED DISCS, FERODO ECO FRICTION, etc

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
So I like Audi 2010/13 rotors - have 'em on our 2011 RS3 and 2016 SQ5 (both winter and summer).

I also like MTEC drilled brake discs - have 'em on the rear of our RS3 (OEM drilled at the front), and all 4-corners of our SQ5

Similarly I like Ferodo Eco-Friction brake pads, have 'em on our RS3, SQ5 and TT - and find 'em just brilliant for our roadwork use

Now our 2010 TT was lacking 'rotors' and for sure I've been looking for some time and last week there was a set for £650 on eBay with tyres. These were off, so I was told, a 2013 flood damaged TTRS, so oh YES!!! paid for faster than I could type. Collected next day and straight to JP alloys, Cannock. ZERO issues, no buckles, cracks, dents, nothing and so a straight refurb to OEM spec. Sale of tyres covered the cost of refurb, way to do it!

New wheels so new brake discs were a MUST and so a set of them ordered front and rear, fully protected as per the SQ5 MTEC items.

Brakes, Ferodo Eco-Friction - love 'em, disc-friendly, low dust, excellent bite and ALL speeds, etc., just get a fresh set...

Bearing in mind our TT roadster is a 2010 variant, done 16k miles only, and 90-miles only last year due to our on-going health issues.

Tyres I here you ask! Ok, a set of Goodyear F1 255/35s, get 'em on...

So that's 1-set of 18-inch Bridgestone's and 1-set of 18-inch Vredestein winters for eBay...

Photos (from a 76-year old enjoying a day in the garage), fronts and then rears, enjoy...

TT Fronts 1 TT Fronts 2 TT Goodyears 1 TT Rears 1 TT Rears 2 TT Rears 3

Who says "there's not much happening on this (TT) Forum"?

Old guys rule 2

Reactions: Nigel C Dickson, RoscoG and Charlie Farley
Is there any dirt on your cars....:yahoo:

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc
Even the floor looks spotless.

• Haha
MTEC do get some flack for quality from some owners but i have them on my A4 bus and the TT and thus far no issues other than wear & tear. :icon thumright:

• Wow
MTEC do get some flack for quality from some owners but i have them on my A4 bus and the TT and thus far no issues other than wear & tear. :icon thumright:

Need to consider the friction material, Rob. Sorry, I was responsible for such when in employ.... :readit:

And for sure I find 'em VERY disc friendly :thumbs up:

76 going on 25, good for you bud

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc and Charlie Farley
76 going on 25, good for you bud
Thank you Nigel, you're a star... Every morning I wake/get up is a good one for sure... :superman:

Reactions: Charlie Farley and NHN
Initial bedding-in done, fronts OK rears need a tad more handbrake-application.
Oh and check the Ferodo Eco-Friction brake dust and/plus MTEC disc-paint-cleanup after 45-miles. I was impressed/surprised/amazed :thumbs up:

Tt bedding fronts Tt bedding rears

Initial 'bite' is amazing, love it. 70 to 20mph braking is stunning and for sure will get better as pads and discs bed-in.

And the Goodyear F1's are just lovely, a softer more compliant and quieter ride so no complaints - but needing a good run to proper evaluate obviously :racer:.

And I/we love the TTRS rotor look against our Sahara Silver Metallic Audi TT Roadster Sport 2.0 TFSI Quattro 211 PS S-tronic, it'll do us for now...

Tt bedding in

And yes we have considered swapping for a TTRS oh so many times but after evaluation always came back home with this one: sometimes 'less' can be so much 'more'.

Gooyear F1's on the RS3 tomorrow so that'll be another evaluating run, oh dear... :racer:

What do the eco friction pads cost if I may?

Just thinking back some Rob to the 2011 RS3 and ALL the brake issues that them machines had (I can give you chapter and verse) and carried over to the TTRS and even now RS3 face-lift, etc (no longer interested as the 8V just doesn't do anything for me/us, sorry) - and still owners complain of '*****' AUDI brake issues. Not counting mind but I'll bet MTEC complaints are nowhere near that of AUDI RS3/TTRS. The AUDI issue of course is that they develop brakes for Nordschleife and most of us just want to go to ALDI/TESCO and/or the local hospital.

Note: I had 2-FREE services and VIP trips to Goodwood care of my own RS3 brakes issues/inputs/feedbacks/etc., all thanks to me ragging Martin Sander - the then MD of Audi UK. And the number of disc changes, pad changes, vent changes, omg! Fun days for sure but ALL sorted now and ALL non-OEM AUDI :thumbs up:

Last edited:
What do the eco friction pads cost if I may?

Here you go Nigel:
For our 8J TT:
FRONT pads: FDB1641 @ 25.43
REAR pads: FDB1636 @ £26.24

For our 8P RS3:
FRONT pads: FDB1877 @ £39.99
REAR pads: FDB1636 @ £26.24

For our 8R SQ5
FRONT pads: FDB4969 @ 89.98
REAR pads: FDB4190 @ £37.49

ALL pads eBay sourced/supplied and included shipping :thumbs up:

SEE: https://www.ferodo.co.uk/blog/eco-friction-brings-greener-braking.html

I spent way too many hours at MIRA evaluating automotive friction materials/braking systems not to like 'em... :readit:

Last edited:
Reactions: RoscoG