Soft top problem

plasmaduck

Reaction score
I still have no reset key to give that a go but am trying to track one down.

I have plugged the diagnostics prog in today (trial version) and after clearing the codes, there is only one code that re-appears 1 Fault Found: 01997 - Convertible Top Locking Motor (V223)
011 - Open Circuit
I've also noticed that when I operate the hood button, that there is a low purring/arcing sound which is coming from behind the o/s speaker panel area? It only sounds for a second and I also get the flashing light on the dash, but no message.

Any help would be appreciated, i guess the first place to start is to try a reset and if that fails then look into a failed roof motor. As another clue, the windows don't drop in readiness :(

you need a reset 1st
theres a handle on ebay 15 quid i think
if that dont wirk sounds like the lock above screen

You star bez! Been looking for one of these for ages but didn't want to pay £111 from Audi!

Will re-post once I receive the tool :)

Bez-can you please send me a link to where I can purchase one of these?? Would be massively appreciated...

Mate-can you send me any link to where I might be able to purchase one of these?

Just need to keep searching ebay or contact someone who is scrapping an A4 cabrio.

I would try searching for scrap or breaking A4 cabs on ebay, there were good few when I looked last week.

I may be telling you somthing you already know but the handle is hidden away inside the dash. In the hand book it shows the handle behind the left side pannel but on the uk cars it is behind the right had side pannel. It is red and you turn it clockwise to release it. again you may have already looked here but just incase....

That person selling the tool on ebay has really bumped the price up, the one I bought from him was £25 including £10 postage rip-off!

Hi did you manage to fix your problem with Convertible Top locking Motor v223 ?
I have the same symptoms, i checked the faults with computer and it shows this motor is faulty the cirsuit is open.