Software Update?

S3DBW

Reaction score
Car has just had its first service and one of the items on the checksheet was "Software update for control unit"
Anybody any info on what changes they are making to the ECU?

Thanks

Quite likely it is a small patch to fix a bug - go back a few threads to the unfortunate owner who had a complete cut-out for no reason. I would quietly hope that one of the boffins at Audi went through the returned ECU, found the bug and making sure that we are spared it.

I am not a long way off first service, I will look out for this...

Reactions: Scottyg
Quite likely it is a small patch to fix a bug - go back a few threads to the unfortunate owner who had a complete cut-out for no reason. I would quietly hope that one of the boffins at Audi went through the returned ECU, found the bug and making sure that we are spared it.
That would be a ludicrously quick turnaround for a fix for that incident and also, if a software patch could address that, I'd like to think we'd be looking at a recall.

I said 'I would quietly hope..'. No it is is not this incident I am sure, but maybe another one.
The problem with forums. There is always someone to pounce on you.
Scrub my earlier response to just read 'Quite likely it is a small patch to fix a bug'. Is that better for you?

Wow, you sound really sensitive. I didn't "pounce" on you at all.

Reactions: nikolai briton
I had this done on my first service as well, I wanted a bit more info and was told that it was a change to the alert levels of oil temp and level. apparently the ECU warning could come on a bit early for low oil level and oil temp. So the update changes the values. I hadn't seen any ECU warning lights at all though.

I had this done on my first service as well, I wanted a bit more info and was told that it was a change to the alert levels of oil temp and level. apparently the ECU warning could come on a bit early for low oil level and oil temp. So the update changes the values. I hadn't seen any ECU warning lights at all though.

Thanks for the info