Software update

Jama665

Reaction score
Hi all

No doubt this has been covered but can't find much on it.

As the owner of a 2.0tdi 170 quattro was pretty disappointed with the fuel economy before the update. But it seems since the update I'm struggling to even get close to 300miles. typically 250-270 miles on a tank even with motorway driving. Before hand was almost always 380 maybe 450 if there was motorway miles in there.

Anyone else suffered this since they had the update put on? And did anyone get any feedback officially from audi about it?

Cheers

This I a huge difference though and rather noticeable. Seen lots of mixed reviews regarding it. But not alot around the economy.

Yea 380 average just to many short runs which doesn't help much.

Can't even get 300 a tank now! Since the update

Yea that maybe something to look at. But literally went from what I'm used to the absolute garbage when I picked it up from audi. Only had it done 28th of November and burnt through a tank and a half already. Averaging 35mpg on the motorway where as before was around 50 to 52. Wish didn't get the damn thing done now.

Yea I'm thinking about asking them to look at it cause somethings not right.

Have you had it scanned for any faults, it may have something else wrong with the car, which could have occured coincidentally.

Does the car run ok otherwise?

Car runs same as before. Just drinks like a v8 now.

But surely part of the software update procedure should be to check the health of the car prior to making changes like that.

I wouldnt be so sure, if its a software update, more than likely they would have driven the car in, updated it and driven it out, ready for you to collect it.

colder weather may be playing a part in it aswell

Ive noticed a fair drop in MPG since the cold has set in. Cant get anywhere near what I used to be able to!

Crikey - even on an S5 I get 30mpg on my daily (28 miles mainly A/M roads). I've even reached 35 when held up by people who don't know what their right foot is for :babybottle: Lowest I ever got on my 2l 184 TDi A3 quattro was 38... and that's when I was blasting it all the way home.... Normally 48-52...

I'm assuming the s/w update is for the emissions issue. Correct?

Hi guys I was just about to ask the same thing about mpg after software update(ea189) I just struggle with mpg..I tried to guess what might be apart of update...winter maybe?short journeys...ac on 21 degrees all time...my heavy right foot..but still...car drinks far worse since update...I do like 100 miles per week and it used to be sooo good on mpg now I m worried about costs as is getting expensive(on v power plus as well)

Mine was ok. But recently it's losing about 50-60 miles per tank (just going off dash reading)
Contacted audi UK via Twitter who've said contact dealership that carried out update.

Think that'll be a pointless phone call.

@Chris90 have you checked if yours has been done mate? Just wondering if your losing miles as well and it hasn't been updated.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Aint had mine done as they sent me a 2 letters in my ownership so id take a guess its not done.

Reactions: feva
Aint had mine done as they sent me a 2 letters in my ownership so id take a guess its not done.
So your experiencing the same sort of loss and it hasn't been done, so makes you wonder if it is something external then temperature etc...

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Definitely think its temperature related. Been much colder these last 4-6 weeks

Reactions: feva