Some advice for a new TT Mk1 buyer please :)

Gun5linger

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm giving some serious thought to buying an Audi TT in the next few days. This will be my first car but I've been driving a Lexus IS200 for the last few years.

Due to limited budget I can only manage an older car with high mileage, but how highs too high? The car I've seen and am interested in is 2001 and has done 150,000. There's another that's 2001 and 137,000. What should I be looking out for when I go see and test drive them at that age and mileage? And would you only buy from a trader, as one of them is a private seller?

I'll be using it for at least the next three years, probably about 5000 miles per year, with a mixture of motorway driving and hilly countryside with tight corners driving.

In your opinion with this high mileage is it worth looking for a different make/model to suit my budget or do you think a TT will hold up for a few more years and miles etc?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has a car of the similar age/ mileage and how it's running.

Amy major issues I should be looking out for?

Thanks for any help you can give
yabb_smiley.gif

The MK1 TT was/is a robust motor car and as good as anything else you're going to find and judging by the numbers on the road it'll be a wise choice so go and enjoy: a high mileage with service history would not be a problem and the fewer owners the better.

As said above loads of TT around with big milages but service history throughout would be a must for me, but do bare in mind yes there reliable but if they do breakdown they aint cheap to fix unless you have the expertise of doing it yourself. I have had my MK2 late 2006 for four and a half years and its not missed a beat and surprisingly cheap to run