Facelift Some general techie/mechanical questions...

1664Hatter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've not managed to find answers to the following, so if you know please shout up:

What is the standard boost pressure (FL3 RS3) / What is typical of Stage 1 or Stage 2

When upgrading the intake, does larger inlet pipe (3.5inch/4 inch to Turbo) have an impact on lag/turbo longevity?

What BHP are the standard injectors good for?

Any particular reason to deviate away from OEM plugs at low levels of tune?

That's all for now, cheers!

On some WOT logs i ran with mine I've seen just under 17 PSI max on standard

A typical stage 2 runs around 26PSI

Larger hard pipe allows better flow into the Turbo, couple it with a bigger Turbo elbow and you have even less restriction.

Standard injectors will cope easily if you plan on stage 2, don't forget the Daza runs an extra set of port injectors so 10 in total.

Keep to Oem plugs they are fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luiggi, 1664Hatter and Ross_T_Boss
If you do plan on running higher Ethanol/Methanol blends, just bear in mind you should run a plug 1 or 2 steps colder. And port injectors can be upgrades to maximise. Otherwise, standard is usually considered fine as per above comment. Again some will recommend a step colder at stage 2. personally I run NGK-9s (2 steps colder) and have not had any issues at all on 99RON. But she mostly lives on Ethanol.

The less restriction before the turbo, the less pressure ratio the turbo requires, and the inlet and pipe even at stg1/2 will make quite a difference. The turbo doesn't have to work so hard to make target pressure, meaning you can make more of it (crucial at stage 2) or more efficiently (less lag and inlet temperature).

I don't have logs for stock, but see peaks at stg1 ~25psi and stg2 ~28psi. And drops off by 5-6psi to the redline.

Reactions: Luiggi, 1664Hatter and 8YARWY