Some S3 questions

TerryCTR

Reaction score
Im looking to get one of these next, unsure of whether to wait for the new model when it finally arrives, I think I read somewhere Q4 of 2012 or go for one of the black editions and probably in reality end up with a better specced car due to the current deals on.

Ive owned a TTC S line special edition in the past and the TT owners would tell me to go for the TTS over the S3 but I think a black edition would suit me.

One owner said that he used to have an S3 with mag ride and that its no good for the uk roads and im better speccing the bucket seats instead as the oem ones do not offer enough support.

Whats are your thoughts on this?

For sure it will need to be an s tronic for me but apart from that im not really sure what to go for

Thanks

Terry

oem a very good buckets are better and i would happily pay you to spec em for me and do the swap haha i want them badly rare as hens teeth so if your on the fence at all just get it

Im looking to get one of these next, unsure of whether to wait for the new model when it finally arrives, I think I read somewhere Q4 of 2012 or go for one of the black editions and probably in reality end up with a better specced car due to the current deals on.

Ive owned a TTC S line special edition in the past and the TT owners would tell me to go for the TTS over the S3 but I think a black edition would suit me.

One owner said that he used to have an S3 with mag ride and that its no good for the uk roads and im better speccing the bucket seats instead as the oem ones do not offer enough support.

Whats are your thoughts on this?

For sure it will need to be an s tronic for me but apart from that im not really sure what to go for

Thanks

Terry

The new A3 platform is due this year but it could be another 12-24 month before the new S3 is available.
I have just picked up a new S3 SB BE S Tronic in a 2 year PCP and compared to other stuff such as, A4s/S4s, BMWs it represented very good value based on what bou you get for your money, interest rate, discounts etc..and as the car was a cancelled order it was delivered in 2 weeks (instead of 20 which isnt unheard of).
Shop around and then give Harrogate AUDI a call.
This is where mine came from and the deal and service was much better than elsewhere I had experienced.

Good luck
Paul

Thanks Paul,

This article suggests mid 2013 for the hatchback:

Audi S3 spy pictures | News | Auto Express

Id need to be taking a pcp over a longer period at this point thanks to the huge amount of money I lost on the R3, but even then I do agree the S3 is holding money very well and gives a decent deal.

Drive the deal have the SB BE Tech Pack for £28.5k I think thats as good a deal as Im likely to get anywhere and will end up going for if I can shift my car.

Yeah, I saw that article.
Their mid 2013 prediction seems quite speculative and optomistic IMO, especially if you consider it took 3 years for the S3 to appear the 8P platform.
Assuming it was an accurate guess, I reckon it will be the end of 2013 before punters start taking delivery, that said, if you are looking at a longer term PCP then it might be worth waiting for the new car.

cheers
Paul

Yes I thought about that but patience is not a strong point of mines.

The current sport back deals are calling me so if I can manage to shift my car anytime soon I'm going to order one in phantom black.

Cheers

Terry

Terry I got mine from Harrogate Audi to and we were aware of the Drive the Deal offer as well. After speaking to Hayley the new car sales manager she matched the deal if not a little better. I got full discount on it and again as it was something in stock it only took a couple of weeks before delivery.

Best thing to do is get the info from Drive the Deal and then speak to Hayley, mention Andrew And Jen Pawley with the Java Green S3 and she'll definitely sort out a great deal.

Patience isn't one of our virtues either lol

Oh and I test drove a dsg with mag ride and it was very hard, plus you have potential issues with lowering if your considering that route

Thanks for the info Jen, thats the plan if I sell my car on time and get enough of a deposit I will try and use drive the deal as a bargaining tool. Im from Glasgow and the dealers up here are not exactly known for being reasonable so mines will more than likely come from down south.