Some S3 Questions

kayemill

Reaction score
I've put a deposit on a 2011 (July) S3 BE which is subject to viewing. The saleswoman told me it had ami but it was not listed on the website.

If it doesn't have it is it just as good using the SD card function on the Sat Nav unit? Do you get to see track names and artist etc..?

Also is the RNS-E likely to be the newer version with the better screen?

Thanks

AFAIK all S3's from late 2010 onwards has technology pack fitted as standard from factory meaning it will have AMI. Yes you get to see track names ect on AMI and SD card, it will also have the media high resolution sat nav too.

If it doesn't have Ami and she says it has then get some more money off as its a fairly expensive option, even when retrofitted.

the SD card slots will give you the track names but it depends if you are into iTunes / iPod.

I'll find out tomorrow. And if it doesn't have it I will be going for money off.

As long as it is possible to do with the SD cards I'm not too bothered.

I hope your right about them all being fitted with technology pack.

Thanks.

It did have the AMI and the new sat nav.

Only issues with it were some scratches on the piano black inlays and ash tray cover. Will try to have these replaced. or can the ash tray be removed?

Anyone know the part number for the inlays?

Glad you got the bits you want.

Don't have the part numbers to hand but I think you'll find they are very expensive for what they are.