Somebody please identify these alloys.

Effect

Reaction score
1xp4xq17vvme.jpg

I realise they are RS4s BUT are they replicas or proper ones (i was under the impression proper RS4s dont fit without adapaters)

If they are reps where do i get these exact ones form with these centre caps ?

I have looked at several pictures of RS4s and whilst some look cracking on the S3 (see above) others seem to look total crap, now is this down to camera angles and lighting etc or is it actually down to the sliught differences in the alloys ?

Thanks
James

I would guess at replicas purely because its using the other Audi centre cap rather than the one that comes with RSTTs.

Genuine RS4's wont fit as PCD is wrong, the genuine Audi wheel for A3/S3 is an RS-TT/S-line wheel which looks very similar to RS4 wheel with a few minor differences. Replicas seem to vary a lot in quality and design, rochford has some good copies (and some bad ones) but as far as I know none of them come with those centre caps, you'd have to buy them off ebay afterwards.

Effect said:
(i was under the impression proper RS4s dont fit without adapaters)
my RS4's/RSTT's whatever you call em? have been on the car since it was new, bought as an optional extra - and i don't think there's any adapters on it :think:

what's the difference between RS4 and RSTT's then? and which one is mine, lol - the option code just says CC3 = alloy wheels 7J x 17 nine-spoke style, offset 38

i love them though, they look even better when in motion, the shop window reflections ;)

drew

OEM RS4 wheels will not fit and A3/S3/TT

No such thing as RS-TT.

The RS4 looking OEM wheels that come with some TTs and late S3s and A3s are called "S-line" wheels

This has been covered a million times

S-Line/RSTT wheels also have a very light dish and 99% of replicas have a much deeper dish to emulate the RS4 wheel.

S-line wheels also have the groove all of the way around the spokes, whereas most replicas have it only halfway rond the spoke, again to emulate the RS4 wheel.

Easiest way to tell is the centre cap as mentioned earlier.

what is the difference in centre caps then ?

I take it from your comments that the ones in the pic are replicas then ?

Borrowing some pictures off ebay, RSTT/Sline come with the following caps, replicas have same design but are all plastic.
4c6a_1.JPG

The caps in the picture looks like these, which are proper audi caps but not the right type for the wheel, would have been bought after the wheels so either bought to replace stolen genuine caps or to replace the plastic replica caps.
b92e_1.JPG