Someone PLEASE answer my question on my S3...RS3 on order

barber6

Reaction score
I have a 6th coolant leak on my car which I am told they cannot find the leak so it doesn't exist and there is nothing wrong with it.

But they have topped the coolant up by 80ml and had dropped that 80ml in 2800 miles and I am told this is normal by the dealership.

Here is a list below of the coolant problems listed on invoice given from dealership. All warranty work

1. Carried out checks for coolant loss, found coolant coming from the water pump area, found inadequate deal of thermostat pipe, replaced pipe and topped up coolant and tested all ok. (£209) 8/12/2014

2. Coolant light on dash. Confirmed customer complaint to find traces of coolant down the block and sump. Carried out pressure test to locate leak from water pump housing area. Removed water pump to trace fault to failure of internal seals of housing and John n between water pump and housing. Fitted new:

Water pump
Union
Tooth belt
Repair kit
Thermostat
Gasket
Bolt
Gasket
Dem water
Cool add
(£598.31) 13/2/2015

3. Carried out checks for coolant light on, found oil seal between oil filter housing and cylinder block leaking due to nipped [technicians incompetence], replace oil cooler and oil filter housing seals and carried out oil and filter change due to contamination and tested all okay

Gasket
Union
Gasket
Filterelem
Plug
Cool add
Mobil 5w30
(£589.69) 30/4/2015

4. Vehicle recovered into workshop for possible coolant loss. Carried out coolant system pressure test to trace coolant leaking from coolant pump/thermostat housing. Stripped down to trace fault to warped housing and pump cover causing coolant to leak. Fitted new water pump and thermostat housing [this was no "leak" it has exploded in engine bay]

Union
Thermostat
Water pump
Tooth belt
(£518.01) 9/7/2015

5. I don't have the invoice with me and I have been told there is no leak but your car is fine. Even though it had dropped coolant shown in the header tank (max to min in no more than 3,000 miles)

6. Same as the fifth time "no visible leaks" so the car is supposedly find but I am told 80ml of coolant loss is acceptable in 2800 miles.

Car has only covered 17,900 miles and I have had from new (Dec 2013)

I have contacted financial ombudsman.

Paying £356 a month and had this issue for 11 months and now I'm being kicked aside saying this amount of coolant loss is normal!?!?!? Because it is a complicated system!?!? I am being filled full of horseshiit

Any more advice? Other than monitor

Fair play to you for sticking with them and ordering the RS3!

TX.

Did you order the RS3 from the same dealership ?

No I changed dealer groups as I believe this is he dealership being appalling

Reactions: Rob2k68
Apparently, if Audi can't fix it, it's normal behaviour :welcoming:

Reactions: tektrob and veeeight
Well they are telling me this is normal and also it's because of the air locks in the system from the repair.

The big repairs were the 4th time and it went in a 5th time for no repairs and then a 6th time they are saying "oh yes must be air locks from the repairs"

It had done 2000miles ish between episode 4-5 and needed topping up then it needed topping up 2,800 miles between episode 5-6

I hope the financial ombudsman sort this because VWFS didn't. And neither have the dealership in question

Apparently, if Audi can't fix it, it's normal behaviour :welcoming:
100% agree with that

Before all the tests came back with no faults the GM said "I wouldn't be happy topping my wife's Golf GTi with that much coolant so let's get this looked in to"

Ah but now it's okay for mine to lose that

I will persue this as much as possible

Reactions: Blackwhite
100% agree with that

Before all the tests came back with no faults the GM said "I wouldn't be happy topping my wife's Golf GTi with that much coolant so let's get this looked in to"

Ah but now it's okay for mine to lose that

I will persue this as much as possible

It's a shame that they put you through all of this. :sadlike:

I hope things work out for you.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hate dealers that use 'it's a characteristic of the car' line. What tends to get manufacturers attention is to go down the media route. Contact Auto Express and get it reported in there. Might get their ar*e in gear.
Hope you get the result you're looking for.

Yes but he is not getting any enjoyment and this is not the expectation of owning a new car.

Reactions: Scottyg
Hate dealers that use 'it's a characteristic of the car' line. What tends to get manufacturers attention is to go down the media route. Contact Auto Express and get it reported in there. Might get their ar*e in gear.
Hope you get the result you're looking for.
Great idea!

Ok , yes understand that ,just curious about going through the FO.

Is this the correct route to sort it ? Not disputing it , just interested as about to sign PCP deal tomorrow.

I am curious isn't this all under warranty ?
Yes all under warranty 63 plate

Just have intermittent use.

The 4th it went and burst coolant all over, my one Sunday off, stranded in tesco car park waiting 3 hours for a whale tail to collect it and asked by Audi uk to make my way to Newcastle air port for a car or wait until Monday when one can be dropped off!!

Ok , yes understand that ,just curious about going through the FO.

Is this the correct route to sort it ? Not disputing it , just interested as about to sign PCP deal tomorrow.

Yes a PCP is a regulated tri partite agreement (dealer-consumer-finance company) and the finance company are classed as the supplier of the vehicle as you repay them, not Audi themselves. I am told as soon as you contact them they auto issue a £500 fine to whom it goes against (VWFS in this case)

Wow , this is interesting.
I was considering paying for my car in full, but last week got offers a £500 deposit contribution. I also had a feeling I would have more rights under a finance agreement . What you have said confirms this.
As to the car I would also be seriously cheesed off as well.
Will be interested to see how you get on.

Wow , this is interesting.
I was considering paying for my car in full, but last week got offers a £500 deposit contribution. I also had a feeling I would have more rights under a finance agreement . What you have said confirms this.
As to the car I would also be seriously cheesed off as well.
Will be interested to see how you get on.
You can settle the agreement at any time as well and get s rebate of any interest. Basically you only pay interest on the payments you make. You could settle the finance after 1 payment and retain that £500 contribution

Thks , yes I have done that before. I might stick with it though as the interest is good 5.2% and the "insurance" of if it is a dog there is some come back..
To keep the interest low I have put down 50% and pay the highest monthly they will allow so thee balloon is tiny. That way I don't pay interest on the balloon every month. It is a bit more like a HP in structure than a PCP.
I have it over three years , but intend to keep it five (taken five year warranty) provided I do not get hassle with it.
If it is reliable I might keep it even longer !

I've not had any (non wear and tear) problems with any car for the last fifteen years, partly because I don't keep them long enough, but a lot comes down to luck.
Breakdown coming up today then!!!!!

I hope you have better luck with the RS3.
I think if I had had issues, I'd be changing marque for a while, would very much sour the experience.