Something that's bugging me

Bobstar

Reaction score
This could be a silly question but from the videos and images I looked at online I can't tell. Had my S1 5 weeks now but only recently I started to notice what looks like a big dent on the rear bumper when standing back 10 feet and looking at it head on, but as I get closer and run my hands across it doesn't feel like a dent that's been pushed in, it looks as though it comes out like its supposed to be for styling.

Has everyone else got this? I haven't had a bump I know that but I don't exactly live in a friendly place either and the S1's rear is facing a public walkway. We had kids come into the street causing trouble and kicking cars in the past so its bugging me if it's a styling thing or a dent. I included a picture I stole off google highlighting where I mean.

Cheers

Attachments

• 00000001audis1sportbackfop.jpg
    00000001audis1sportbackfop.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 243
That area is like a Pringle profile so it may just be the light. I can't see anything on mine buts it's pretty filthy.

ive looked at mine and where you have highlighted does not seem to look dented,but higher up where it kicks back towards the boot does slightly.seems to have a slight curve.

Thanks for looking, it's very obvious on mine the reflection clearly gets distorted in that area compared to a solid reflection all around it. I'm going to write it off as a styling thing as it does break up the straightness of the whole bumper, I wont know for sure until I see another S1 up close but that wont be for a while considering how rare these are :p

Your not going going crazy I have the same issue and I have been trying to Audi to look into it but as per usual they have been dragging there heals @Bobstar

Hi there,
A couple of weeks after collecting my wife's current A1, she nudged my car whilst reversing onto the drive. She now has a 'flat' spot on her rear bumper in the same place you describe. It's more obvious when the car is clean and it is sunny.

It could be possible that somebody has nudged your car in a car park, or even during transport from the factory or at the dealership perhaps?

On a brighter note, her S1 has been static on the 'order received' status on the tracker for weeks, and has now jumped to 'quality control', so it will hopefully be in transit later this week!!

If that was the case it would have more than likely left marks on he bumper, suggesting another car had hit it. However I have no such marks to speak of.
DTYME83

Last edited:
Im thinking the same thing, I havnt been in a car park yet it must of be happening in transport if we have the exact same dents. There's no marks of impact and it doesn't even cave in like a dent would. It's just the reflection is all bent in that area. I'll get a pic when I get home from work

There is a major defect on the S1 bumpers I was talking to a friend that works at Audi as a mechanic. Get them to Audi and tell them to sort it.

Yeah, only a couple of months and I'll be rid of mine and be a proud owner of an S3 then I'll see if I have any problems with that @DTYME83

Well I presume so as when I had the bumper replaced for the paint it was a replacement but that has the dimples also. I'd check it out with Audi @DTYME83

So what is the issue with the bumpers as my dealership have been informed but have chosen to ignore it.

My friend was saying that they have had a few S1 owners I complaining. I'll see if I can find out.

Line is a black one ... And i have the same problem!.... Looks like a few dents but when i go over it
With my hand i doesn't feel like a dent.

This issue is a manufacturing defect and I think there is an issue with the mold that is being used.
The only fix is a replacement bumper but Audi are gonna have acknowledge that there is an issue.
DTYME83