Sorry, Another RNSE help page

swatchuk

Reaction score
Really sorry about this, ive been reading that much on this ive got myself confued.
Ive got a 2007 S3 which originally had a symphony stereo in. It also has Bose, FBMFSW, Bluetooth phone prep, shark fin and ipod connection in glove box. I think thats everything. I bought a 2011 RNSE unit, and everything plugged straight in and it works fine as far as i can tell.
I read something about swapping some wiring pins for the bose system. Do I need to do this??
I'm getting ithe car on VCDS tomorrow, Can someone tell me what I should turn on?? Or should I just go through the options?
Really sorry and thanks very much for any advice you can give me
Mark

Last edited:
You have to earth the Bose pin in order to activate the equaliser set for Bose otherwise it will use the standard equaliser settings as if you didn't have Bose.

Some people leave it like this as they don't like the flat bass Bose provides. The RNS-E unit expects to see the Bose pin on a different space in the quad lock compared to any other radio.

On vcds you will have to code it so the car knows it now has Nav and won't throw any error codes up.

thanks for that, from what ive read i need to put pin 5 in pin 7, but what do you do with the wire out of pin 7??