SOS Call malfunction contact workshop

Mailed Audi who confirmed a software update was available for my car (S-Line petrol saloon) and that my dealer will be in touch to book.

Reactions: Henno005
Btw if anyone is still having issues with their MMI resetting every single day. I’ve now been signing in as guest instead of my account, and for about 2 months it hasn’t reset once. Still not a permanent fix neither is it good enough really but there you go. Has anyone had their sos thingy sorted?

Reactions: Mryolon
Btw if anyone is still having issues with their MMI resetting every single day. I’ve now been signing in as guest instead of my account, and for about 2 months it hasn’t reset once. Still not a permanent fix neither is it good enough really but there you go. Has anyone had their sos thingy sorted?
My A3 was in for yet another visit to replace the windscreen washer motor.
They also did the SOS MMI update and it appears to have fixed the issue. Book your car in to get the update.
Hopefully it fixes the issue…

They also did the SOS MMI update and it appears to have fixed the issue. Book your car in to get the update.
Oh nice one. It’s due for a service now so I’ll get them to do that too, thanks!

you got rear view camera?

Reactions: AdamInKent
Interested anyone can confirm
I got that from my friend who is a mastertech at Audi - He was supposed to be doing his first one this week - It will take a long time as the one without did

Reactions: Mryolon and AdamInKent
I got that from my friend who is a mastertech at Audi - He was supposed to be doing his first one this week - It will take a long time as the one without did
Interesting, garage just called me and said they can't do it on a Sat as it may take longer than they're open for...

Interesting, garage just called me and said they can't do it on a Sat as it may take longer than they're open for...
Sounds about right - The last one he did without a camera it took almost 5 hours apparently

Sounds about right - The last one he did without a camera it took almost 5 hours apparently
what makes it take so long? is it not just a software update? i’ve been provisionally booked in for April (with a reversing camera) and they said it could take two days…

• Wow
what makes it take so long? is it not just a software update? i’ve been provisionally booked in for April (with a reversing camera) and they said it could take two days…
I think there are several parts to the update so done in stages etc - bit like a PC where you have to restart to install and then other parts have to be installed

Can some one confirm if they had the sos updates from audi and confirm the issue has been resolved.

Sadly I have the a3 with a reversing camera which is also a mild hybrid so i dont know when im available for the update

Can some one confirm if they had the sos updates from audi and confirm the issue has been resolved.

Sadly I have the a3 with a reversing camera which is also a mild hybrid so i dont know when im available for the update
They're doing mine next Thurs and will report back when I've next been to Trafford Park which is where it usually happens for me!

Since mine had software update 3620 I’ve not had a sos fault… probably tempted fate now.
Took all day for the update to be installed

It’s been two weeks since mine was updated, seems to have fixed the problem, not had it reboot or SOS come up. Book your car in. Will take at least a day to upload

Morning. Has the fix been released for cars with reverse camera. I spoke to my Audi dealer and they did not have any idea. Checking with vin number I can only see 2 updates relating to front pre sense sensor.

Morning. Has the fix been released for cars with reverse camera. I spoke to my Audi dealer and they did not have any idea. Checking with vin number I can only see 2 updates relating to front pre sense sensor.
Yes it has mine was done last Friday

Your Audi dealer is useless if they don't know this update is out. This is a major problem fix that they should be on top of.
Book it in to get updated and fixed, it DOES exist :thumbs up:

Thank you. When you booked in what did you ask for as my local audi is not aware of what is required.
Mine was going in to try and sort the functions on demand ( I wasn't getting anything on the German site) missing update apparently - Dealer hasn't heard of it so I said well as I'm here the SOS update is available and they said yes we'll do that and contact digital services about the other bit - Turns out the SOS update also has an MMI update which he confirmed with digital services and after logging in Myaudi on a PC, changing password logging in and then out and back into German Site I also now have the Traffic Sign Recognition on trial

SOS with Camera is definitely available

Has anyone got wireless android or Alexa integration after this update?

How do you check what recalls/updates are sat against your VIN number? Is there a weblink? I’m waiting for a collection date as the car is on a boat to the UK and I want to ensure all updates/recalls are completed before I collect. I have VIN Number already so just need to know where I go to double check. Thanks in advance.

How do you check what recalls/updates are sat against your VIN number? Is there a weblink? I’m waiting for a collection date as the car is on a boat to the UK and I want to ensure all updates/recalls are completed before I collect. I have VIN Number already so just need to know where I go to double check. Thanks in advance.
I used above was posted in another thread here. It does not show anything relating to SOS though

Has anyone got any references or supporting evidence detailing the fix required for ones with reverse camera as it would be great to put this in front of my local Audi. They do not seem to know about it and worried if I book it in they will just mess something else up.

Despite assurances it would be done in a day (and was at the dealer before 10) I was without car overnight as it still hadn't finished, so beware doing this if you need your vehicle that day.

Despite assurances it would be done in a day (and was at the dealer before 10) I was without car overnight as it still hadn't finished, so beware doing this if you need your vehicle that day.
Could you please share what exactly this fix is referenced as or known as by Audi as my dealer seems not to be aware of it so I do not know what to book it in for. Appreciated.

Reactions: RichK
I'm assuming that my car order which was built circa 2 weeks ago won't need a SOS fix once it's delivered????

Car is back, and now on 3620 - also has a third screen on MMI for first time.

Reactions: Moots and Sparks43
To add to this - not only does it now have a third screen, it has remote locking from the app which it didn't have before, and I can now purchase traffic sign recognition from the German Audi on-demand which I couldn't before. (Mine is a v early Saloon (USB-A/C rather than 2*c)

To add to this - not only does it now have a third screen, it has remote locking from the app which it didn't have before, and I can now purchase traffic sign recognition from the German Audi on-demand which I couldn't before. (Mine is a v early Saloon (USB-A/C rather than 2*c)
I still can’t get the remote locking to show in the app but do have TSR via the German site - mine has 2 x USB C’s

I’m not that bothered by the remote locking but would have liked to get it to work

Audi

Hi,

Just had an email from Audi Lister Coventry.

When I booked the car in and told them about the mmi re-boots and sos error they told me they were aware of a recall to do update the firmware's. They had the car from 8.15 today and called back a hour ago to say they will the need the car in again to do the updates??? Apparently even if they have recall notices they need the car in first to investigate. The picture attached is the audi cam email they sent with the costs, had to re-call them again to clarify why I had been sent costs for the updates.

Side note the car has 7000 miles and the brakes have always squealed like when pads have gone but theres plenty of pad left. Anybody have any experience as when they road tested the car they couldnt hear nothing.

A day wasted.

Apparently it all has to be done in sequence and there’s five updates needed? As I mentioned mine was meant to be one day but turned into two. If it has never been looked at before there’ll probably be various other control unit updates needed. This was my third or fourth update visit since owning the ****** thing.

View attachment 251723
Hi,

Just had an email from Audi Lister Coventry.

When I booked the car in and told them about the mmi re-boots and sos error they told me they were aware of a recall to do update the firmware's. They had the car from 8.15 today and called back a hour ago to say they will the need the car in again to do the updates??? Apparently even if they have recall notices they need the car in first to investigate. The picture attached is the audi cam email they sent with the costs, had to re-call them again to clarify why I had been sent costs for the updates.

Side note the car has 7000 miles and the brakes have always squealed like when pads have gone but theres plenty of pad left. Anybody have any experience as when they road tested the car they couldnt hear nothing.

A day wasted.
lol what. please tell me we don’t have to pay for this **** show

I had my 2021 A1 updated a couple of weeks ago and this is what was on the job sheet. They'd warned me beforehand that they needed the car in to diagnose the issue and attempt to resolve it, this could take up to 2 days, even then they may identify it needs additional parts and could have to go back. Luckily that wasn't the case and it's been working fine ever since. The software is now on 3620.

2 days wasted now. Audi still saying no updates available even when I mentioned the SOS fix which seems to be key to this. They’ve had my car in twice and done nothing other than damage my steering wheel then repair it. I’d have been better off not bothering.