Sound Bars

JingleJangle

Reaction score
Any one ever had one? been considering buying one for my Samsung TV but dont know if its really worth it.I watch alot of films from my laptop plugged in via HDMI cable to my TV but the tv speakers dont seem upto scratch.Just want to see peoples opinions on them and if they are worth having

Love to get some opinions on this 2... mainly music or films on the TV - just wondering whether a soundbar would be up for the job or if i need to spend a little more on something else
Any one ever had one? been considering buying one for my Samsung TV but dont know if its really worth it.I watch alot of films from my laptop plugged in via HDMI cable to my TV but the tv speakers dont seem upto scratch.Just want to see peoples opinions on them and if they are worth having

we've just bought a new samsung TV and we went for a 310 watt sound bar with it too. we were playing with the different options in currys and the sound from them is quite impressive! we watch alot of films and stuff and it really does make it alot better and more enjoyable. you'll be wondering why you've been without better speakers for so long!

as the TV's get thinner nowadays, the speakers/sound quality doesnt improve... :?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Just bought the JBL SB400 which is by far and above the best sound bar for under £500.
Richer sounds have it on offer @ £250 so well worth a buy. Loads of connectivity and the sound is truly unparalleled!!

I have just bought/fitted a Samsung soundbar , I was £150 ish & I am very pleased with the sound & was very easy to fit

I would second the JBL SB400...this has been given excellent reviews and would be my first choice as well,especially at this price.
Alas...the layout of our livingroom makes it difficult to place the subwoofer in a discreet place , so tomorrow it's off to Richer Sounds to purchase the Yamaha YAS 101 soundbar which also has good reviews and is priced at £149.
Nick.

I have a Samsung Smart TV mounted on the bedroom wall and it's also lacking in the sound department. I was thinking of getting a wireless samsung soundbar to mount on the bed headboard. Can soundbars be placed behind the viewer?

Also do you need to have a subwoofer for them? I have seen refurbished ones on eBay cheap but without the subwoofer.

You don't need to have a sub. ( but I would deffo get one as the bars themselves tend to lack in the bass department.) they are great for mid and highs but not so much of the lows.
And yes it can be mounted behind should be too much of an issue.

I've been looking at the Sonos playbar as I already have a Sonos speaker for streaming music and it's great.

The beauty about the Sonos is you can expand the system with more speakers and a sub woofer.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I have the sonos soundbar....masivly impressive (even without the sub) and as mention to way you expand your system is awesome....albeit a little expensive.

Saving up just now to get the Sonos sub and 2 no play 1's for the rear speakers.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
I'm looking at getting a Samsung HW H550 sound bar for my samsung smart tv. Anyone got one?

I have the sonos soundbar....masivly impressive (even without the sub) and as mention to way you expand your system is awesome....albeit a little expensive.

Saving up just now to get the Sonos sub and 2 no play 1's for the rear speakers.

Did you do it? Bought the bar, sub and 4 Play:1's and its awesome!

Reactions: T-800
I have 2 of the sound bases you can get. They are an all in one system, with a built in sub, on the bottom side of the unit.
They are designed so that you can place your tv directly on top of it, also saving space.
As with most things there are many options, but I have a Cambridge Minx and a Panasonic. They have bluetooth so you can play tunes off another device. Nothing will be as good as an AV Amp and 5.1 speakers but it is an alternative!

Ive got a bose cinemate15, i fell inlove with it and picked it up at a bargain price, sound bars are good but like anything you get what you pay for.

I'm now thinking of getting a play 5 and another coupłe of play 1's really impressed with system. Wish they did external speakers too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GGG_666