Hello....

Have recently installed....

Becker Grand Prix h/u
Pioneer G-D515 5 channel amp
Pioneer custom fit comp speaker x 4 receiving 60 watts rms
RE Audio DVC 12 inch Subwoofer receiving 300watts rms wired in parallel
Stinger wiring kit 4awg
New speaker wire added through out

Sound fantastic, but on a very smalll amount of bass heavy cd's such as Massive Attack im getting some vibration via the door skins

Has anybody ever sound dampened/deadened a b6 A4 door?
I have read on another audio forum that one trick is to apply expanding foam between inner and outer door skins and also to apply dynamat to wherever possible

Or a combination of both

Anybody any ideas????

Expanding foam is an excellent idea if you no longer want to use the windows. Who on earth recommended that?
Dynamat should be used wherever possible, but the vibration is probably more to do with the door cards than the doors themselves.

AndyMac said:
Expanding foam is an excellent idea if you no longer want to use the windows. Who on earth recommended that?
Dynamat should be used wherever possible, but the vibration is probably more to do with the door cards than the doors themselves.

LOL....I was wandering about the windows myself, but thought they might slide into an area where the expanding foam wouldnt reach......ill try and dig out the link for you, was quite a comprehensive guide.

If i do dynamat the doors do i remove the foam/rubber type stuff that already cover the interior door skin or ios this not advisable? could i dynamat the the door card?

was wandering if it is possible to remove this foam/felt type cover so that i can dynamat the door skin onto the bare metal, anybody know if it removes easily??

I wouldn't bother, the main culprit affecting the sound is the external door skin, which unfortunately you can't get to.
Extreme sound deadening is really only beneficial on competition spec systems.

AndyMac said:
I wouldn't bother, the main culprit affecting the sound is the external door skin, which unfortunately you can't get to.
Extreme sound deadening is really only beneficial on competition spec systems.

fair dos......prob getting a bit carried away with myself....it gets kinda addictive tho this i.c.e game :thrashi: